account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 1211 of 1,261
Message 1211 of 1,261

Sony Xperia XZ end of support?

Hi there,

I own a Sony Xperia XZ and I didn´t receive a software security update since October 2018 patch level.

Therefore I am wondering, if the device is out of Support?

Do you think we will receive any further security updates for this device?

Kind regards

Message 1212 of 1,261
Message 1212 of 1,261

Re: Sony Xperia XZ end of support?

@SirTobi hi Grinning Face

Since Sony use to maintain the support for a device for 2 years, I assume that´s the case, unfortunately. However, even though you don´t receive security updates, you always have Play Protect. Not the same, of course, but always an updated "option". 

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Learner
Message 1213 of 1,261
Message 1213 of 1,261

Android Security Patch level for XZ1 Compact

hello

The Android pie update for my XZ1 Compact is not avalible (Which sounds like a good thing), but I don't appear to be getting any updates for Android 8.  The Android Security patch level is still dated 1 Aug 2018 - Should this updated monthly?

Cheers

Chris

One time poster
Message 1214 of 1,261
Message 1214 of 1,261

Software Update

Hi there!

I have Xperia XA Ultra and I didn't get a single software update since last year I think. I'd like to have the new Android on my current device. 

PS. My current Andorid version is 7.

One time poster
Message 1215 of 1,261
Message 1215 of 1,261

Update Android 8

Hi. My phone is Z5 & its Android is 7.

Any update will be available in the future?! ex 8 OR 9

Frowning Face

Learner
Message 1216 of 1,261
Message 1216 of 1,261

Slow software updates

Today is Jan 11th 2019. My XZs is still at Android patch level of Oct 1st 2018, more than 3 months behind. Every new release takes more and more time. Disappointed in Sony's ability to deliver security patches for a rather new device... With this experience this was my first and also the last Xperia, even when I like the device a lot...

One time poster
Message 1217 of 1,261
Message 1217 of 1,261

Re: Android 8.0 O When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Immer noch kein Update auf Pie obwohl lt. Sony support verfügbar warum

Still no update to Pie though lt. Sony support available why

gt

One time poster
Message 1218 of 1,261
Message 1218 of 1,261

xperia z5 oreo

z series of sony is a premium series but no oreo update for any z series devices. at least the xperia z5 should be updated to android 8.0 oreo.

Message 1219 of 1,261
Message 1219 of 1,261

Re: xperia z5 oreo

Hi @roy21

Unfortunately, the support for Z5 ended years ago, with the last OS being Android N. 

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
One time poster
Message 1220 of 1,261
Message 1220 of 1,261

When will we get oreo update for Xperia L1?

Please tell me if you guys has another ways to install or flash oreo rom for Xperia L1.