account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Apprentice
Message 1111 of 1,267
Message 1111 of 1,267

Re: If Sony XZ will not get a Android P update, I'm done.

2016 models not designed for oreo update. Check the availability of update for your unit at Sony (lists of smartphones - Oreo ready). 

One time poster
Message 1112 of 1,267
Message 1112 of 1,267

Oreo update

I have Xperia XZ1 Dual Sim, still i was stuck on june security update

i didn' get july security update.... Region - Kuwait (Middle East)

One time poster
Message 1113 of 1,267
Message 1113 of 1,267

Re: No Oreo upgrade for Ultra XA

@NealR wrote:

Look it up. It's not going to happen. 

Why

One time poster
Message 1114 of 1,267
Message 1114 of 1,267

update

Normally the phone was updated but it did not come to me for  months

Emperor
Message 1115 of 1,267
Message 1115 of 1,267

Re: update

@Tahsin06

Which android version is your phone and build number? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 1116 of 1,267
Message 1116 of 1,267

Hi, i can't update my xperia xz to android 8.0

I want to update my xperia xz to android 8.0 but i don't see any update on my phone why ?

One time poster
Message 1117 of 1,267
Message 1117 of 1,267

Re: Hi, i can't update my xperia xz to android 8.0

So do I, actually im on 6.01 so... I'd to know too.

@Galeenmareek wrote:

I want to update my xperia xz to android 8.0 but i don't see any update on my phone why ?

One time poster
Message 1118 of 1,267
Message 1118 of 1,267

Software update

When will a software update from 8.0 to 8.1 be available for the xperia XA1 ultra

Commissioner
Message 1119 of 1,267
Message 1119 of 1,267

@Galeenmareek wrote:

1. Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

2. If no new software is available, it’s possible that you may not have enough free memory on your device. If your Xperia device has less than 500 MB of free internal memory (device memory) available, you do not receive any information about new software. The following notification appears in the Notification panel to warn of the lack of storage space: Storage space running out. Some system functions may not work. If you receive this notification, you must free up internal memory (device memory) before you can get notifications about new software being available.

3. Check into Xperia Companion (as i know must be latest version)

@Susmita wrote:

When will a software update from 8.0 to 8.1 be available for the xperia XA1 ultra

Read answer which i wrote to Galeenmareek Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Apprentice
Message 1120 of 1,267
Message 1120 of 1,267

Advise 1,2&3 are good advuses. But if u did all these and did not work, i think ur xperia won't update 'cuz its software is limited to only to that level.