account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Commissioner
Message 1101 of 1,272
Message 1101 of 1,272

Re: When can we expect the next update

@Heathen wrote:

Does someone know an easy way to root the l1? 

You are in wrong place with this question. I advise you to got to XDA Developers forum, coz as i know Sony don't recommend to root theirs devices for reason that you can damage yours device, lost warranty and ect. Slightly smiling Face

@Rj88 wrote:

How can i get oreo update in my phone

Yours model can't get it official - https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxa/kb/801930740188bd387015e0fa244400032cc/#gref Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

One time poster
Message 1102 of 1,272
Message 1102 of 1,272

Still no oreo update in the Philippines ?

My xperia x performance does not have oreo update. 

Commissioner
Message 1103 of 1,272
Message 1103 of 1,272

Re: Still no oreo update in the Philippines ?

@DanielRZ wrote:

My xperia x performance does not have oreo update. 

"Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models." - this is form Sony Mobile web site - https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxperformance/kb/8019307407a7b132a015ffb1a3f4f007a92/. Check Xperia Companion regular, in smartphone and ect. Keep in mind that when will be availabel update for you, you will get notification Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

One time poster
Message 1104 of 1,272
Message 1104 of 1,272

Xperia x still on 7.1.1, why no update yet?

Its august 2018, i have an unlocked xperia x and still have not received 8.0 update, cant seem to get any answers on when it will update. 

Pioneer
Message 1105 of 1,272
Message 1105 of 1,272

Re: Xperia x still on 7.1.1, why no update yet?

Use Xperia Companion and you will be there.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Commissioner
Message 1106 of 1,272
Message 1106 of 1,272

@Tease92 wrote:

Its august 2018, i have an unlocked xperia x and still have not received 8.0 update, cant seem to get any answers on when it will update. 

What do you mean "unlocked"? Unlocked from concrete mobile operator or unlocked bootloader (rooted) what is popular for some owners, coz they in this way can install any software (not recommend you)? 

As i saw list, Xperia X must get Oreo update, but as you know need to be patience. It's from Sony Mobile web site:" Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country". Also don't forget that:"If your Xperia device has less than 500 MB of free internal memory (device memory) available, you do not receive any information about new software" Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 1107 of 1,272
Message 1107 of 1,272

If Sony XZ will not get a Android P update, I'm done.

So i just read some news about what Xperia device will get a android P update and the worst thing is 2016 xperia smartphone models will not be receiving an Android P Update. Tell me that's not true! 😔

Apprentice
Message 1108 of 1,272
Message 1108 of 1,272

Factory settings might be a good idea to update your cp. Rooting (not recom) might affect some of the important updates of your phone. Try these settings first (fctory settings). Also, in some countries it may not yet available. Thirdly, unlocking your cp from one provider to the other depends on the software they used. Since most manufacturers don't consign these methods, maybe it's a good idea to restore it first to factory setting. It will do you good.  Hope this can help. 

Commissioner
Message 1109 of 1,272
Message 1109 of 1,272

Re: If Sony XZ will not get a Android P update, I'm done.

@Kenji8888 wrote:

So i just read some news about what Xperia device will get a android P update and the worst thing is 2016 xperia smartphone models will not be receiving an Android P Update. Tell me that's not true! 😔

The all information which i found in official Sony developers web site is that. As i understand right now is testing period, so it's too earily to talk about which model will get this update, which not at all. As you probably saw this update is called Android P, as i know it's code name and haven't until now official name as many others Android versions (maybe i skipped something, i'm not active right now about these things at all). So be patience and don't believe in any rumors which i guest you read it... Trust only in official sources like: Sony Developers web site, Sony Mobile and all others Slightly smiling Face When will be time you will know which models will get this update, which not Slightly smiling Face By the way it's lastest news about update which i found in Sony Developers web site Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 1110 of 1,272
Message 1110 of 1,272

Re: Not receiving OTA updates

For what it's worth, last night my Xperia X Compact received an OTA update to the latest firmware including Android 8.0. (~1.3 GB, yeesh!)

Buyer beware: Now I have ghost notification vibrations going off every few minutes, even after all apps updated. (Vibration goes off, but no notification appears or can be captured.) I have yet to find a way to figure out what's causing them. Even though several other Android phones reported the problem I can't seem to find a solution.

I blame Google, not Sony, but @&^#% it's annoying!!!