account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 1261 of 1,267
Message 1261 of 1,267

Android 8 update Xperia XA1 Plus

Android 8 update Xperia XA1 Plus
Is there any update ???

Actualización Android 8 XA1 Plus

Hay alguna actualización ???

Apprentice
Message 1262 of 1,267
Message 1262 of 1,267

Come on, Sony, it's November and no new software update for XA2 ?

Are you planning to release something for this phone, yet ?

There are still some wrinkles to iron, like terrible camera quality.

Or are you going to leave us with its current state ?

If so, then well... taking your other moves into account, you should not expect your fanbase to grow, unfortunately. I was really looking forward to stay with you for a longer time, but I can see it clear now, might not be possible.

I'm feeling more, and more disappointed. Like a lot of other people that trusted you.

First time you tricked me was with Xperia SP few years ago, when you dropped the promise of Kitkat Android for it. But I thought, well, maybe it will get better eventually.

So I trusted you another time last year and got myself XA2, and this year a XZ2 - I'm using both.

Please don't make me feel it was a mistake again.

One time poster
Message 1263 of 1,267
Message 1263 of 1,267

How to get pie update

How to get pie update R1

One time poster
Message 1264 of 1,267
Message 1264 of 1,267

Android 9

When can i expect Android 9 pie for xperia xa1 plus model?

Learner
Message 1265 of 1,267
Message 1265 of 1,267

Re: Android 9

Sorry to tell you but sadly nevrer. The Support for Sony Xperia XA1-XA1 Ultra are gone so we wont even get a security patch :/

Learner
Message 1266 of 1,267
Message 1266 of 1,267

About software updates xa1plus

Will we have a next software update? I have 8.0.0 when the company will give to us next version?.? Please need answers 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1267 of 1,267
Message 1267 of 1,267

Re: XA and XA Ultra Android 8 Update

I am using sony xperia XA for a year, & also I get an Oreo update from sony, But I have not installed because I am confused if I update Android Oreo of my sony device after that if there's any booting issue when updating then you can face motherboard problems, your mobile device will be continuously switched on & off, I faced this types of issue in my old device, but not faced in sony device also I am getting time to time security update of sony. if you want more information about the OREO update in your sony device visits the sony official