account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Visitor
Message 1071 of 1,252
Message 1071 of 1,252

Re: Why my Xperia X Performance stuck at Nougat?

@EUPHORIC wrote:

@HKuser1 wrote:

@EUPHORIC wrote:

@HikaruKaze wrote:

I'm checking my phone for software update on the site: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/ , and it tells me that my phone which still on Nougat is up to date, even though it tells me that my phone variant have Android Oreo available?

Why is that?

I'm checking on https://xpericheck.com/device/F8132 , my phone variant which is from Hong Kong is indeed never been updated for more than 7 months..

the latest security update to have for Hong Kong is October 2017.

Why Sony didn't care for people who have phone on that region? Where's the promise for the regular security updates?

XperiaCheck web site is not official Sony web site first at all, second: "The availability of software updates depends on your device, country and/or operator." Also:"Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models" - https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxa/kb/801930740188bd387015e0fa244400032cc/#gref and at last this is the latest version of X Performance Dual software number you can find here - https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxperformancedual/kb/8019307407a7b132a015ffb1a3f4f007a.... Keep in mind that update can come and after more as 6 months and ect. Marshmallow i got only after 1 year Slightly smiling Face By the way as i know from some guys in this forum, some opertaor in the world don't updating at all, so i advise about possibility to get update to ask your operator. After i talk with my operator i got update in some weeks from Sony. Even it's good idea, coz to me Sony's developers answered much more later as my opertaor with the same information. Don't judge Sony in every step, keep in mind that Sony releasing world wide update, but update going from yours operator, some of them releasing in the same moment when they getting from Sony, some - later, for example as i know in past Vodofe liked to add own apps in updates, so update for Vodofone users came later as for others and ect. That's why i advise you to talk with yours operator first at all. Good luck Slightly smiling Face

I have the same phone as HikaruKaze and it’s looking like this version likely won’t be updated seeing how it’s been 8 months now. My question is, do Sony phones bought from Japan have faster update times? I’d rather not buy another HK version and have slow or no updates. Thanks

Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. - if you read this from Sony Mobile web site, you probably understood that there is no any countries which getting update primary, first. I mean i think there is no elite countries which always getting first. Coz you can see it's not depend only market, it's depend operator too. So in yours question i think i can answer - i don't think Japanese owners getting update first, but i'm not from Sony and confirm this i can't. But i know that in past with others models which i had from Sony i got update one of first in the world, i'm not from Asia continent and all models i bought in my country. Now i getting update probably one of last, i did  not got untill now .166 firmware update of Marshmallow for my Xperia C5 Ultra Dual when region like Russian already got second in this year - .174 version of firmware. Last time when i got update was 2017 October, so coming again year without update, Marshmallow i got also after year of released it. So if you feeling like disadvantaged, think about others which probably did not got update much more time as you Slightly smiling Face

Thanks for the reply. It's a hassle changing phones and moving all data and apps. Hope I can still get the Oreo update so I can use this phone a little longer Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 1072 of 1,252
Message 1072 of 1,252

Can i update to android oreo my device now? XA

Can i update to android oreo my device now?

Message 1073 of 1,252
Message 1073 of 1,252

Latest Update

Okay question will we get the latest version of Android which I'm guessing it's Oreo for this phone and if so when will we get it does anybody know yet because this phone was just released in January it would be a crying shame to think that they wouldn't give us at least Oreo

Commissioner
Message 1074 of 1,252
Message 1074 of 1,252

Re: Sony z3 docomo upgrade to oreo

@Moteet1 wrote:

No upgrade for this unit. My z3 didn't. 

Z3 is too old as i mentioned Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

One time poster
Message 1075 of 1,252
Message 1075 of 1,252

Re: Latest Update

I ask them if we'd have Oreo and they told me that yes, but they didn't tell me when the update would come 😔

Highlighted
Message 1076 of 1,252
Message 1076 of 1,252

Re: Latest Update

It'd be nice if they would give us a definite date like when it going to happen like let me great Sony

Regular
Message 1077 of 1,252
Message 1077 of 1,252

Update..

I havent receive any update since I bought my phone last october.. Does anyone know what's the problem? Im purchased my xz1 here in new zealand. 

Message 1078 of 1,252
Message 1078 of 1,252

Re: Update..

@A24mb

Have you connected via Xperia Companion?

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Regular
Message 1079 of 1,252
Message 1079 of 1,252

Yup. I already tried to connect it to xperia companion in my computer but still it appears on the pc screen that my phone has the latest software eventhough not. 

Commissioner
Message 1080 of 1,252
Message 1080 of 1,252

@A24mb wrote:

Yup. I already tried to connect it to xperia companion in my computer but still it appears on the pc screen that my phone has the latest software eventhough not. 

Try disconnecting from computer then reconnect, sometimes doing this right away brings up a different result.