account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 951 of 1,252
Message 951 of 1,252

Android oreo 8.0 update

When will I get the Android 8.0 for my phone

متى سوف احصل على اندرويد  8.0 لهاتفي

Emperor
Message 952 of 1,252
Message 952 of 1,252

Re: Android oreo 8.0 update

@Yousif-Alshemary

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

No one will be able to answer that question. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 953 of 1,252
Message 953 of 1,252

Haven't received Oreo yet

It's early May and Oreo hasn't arrived yet on my phone yet. Is anyone else with an Xperia X Compact still waiting  

Emperor
Message 954 of 1,252
Message 954 of 1,252

Re: Haven't received Oreo yet

@rw1255

I'm sorry but no one can answer that question, you have 2 options

Either

wait for the update to be approved and released in your country 

or 

Manually update the phone with Xperifirm

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 955 of 1,252
Message 955 of 1,252

Re: Will L2 will get oreo update in future

@Minionraja

no one knows

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperial2/kb/801930740188bd387015e0fa244400032cc/

Adept
Message 956 of 1,252
Message 956 of 1,252

I have a peculiar situation here. I'm in the United States, and I bought the phone through Amazon. But after I received it, I discovered that the seller had purchased it in Panama, that it is an international version. So I don't know if Oreo will come to me based on being in the United States or being in Panama! I'll try to find the Xperifirm thing you mentioned. Of course, with all the complaints about Oreo, maybe I'd be better off not installing it at all.

Commissioner
Message 957 of 1,252
Message 957 of 1,252

@rw1255wrote:

I have a peculiar situation here. I'm in the United States, and I bought the phone through Amazon. But after I received it, I discovered that the seller had purchased it in Panama, that it is an international version. So I don't know if Oreo will come to me based on being in the United States or being in Panama! I'll try to find the Xperifirm thing you mentioned. Of course, with all the complaints about Oreo, maybe I'd be better off not installing it at all.

Open the dialer - enter *#*#7378423#*#* - go to service info - tap to software info - look at customization version - it's yours CDA number which will be need in others steps.

Go to settings - about phone - check which version is updated in yours smartphone of firmware and software.

Type CDA and spftware (firmware) versions to Google with yours model name (for exapmle E5533 - it's C5 Ultra Dual) and check which country is, the same you can do in xpericheck.com and looking in CDA number and software, but sometime this number don't finding some models.

If you will have trouble with that, write me in PM with software version, CDA and model name (IMEI i don't need it's private information which you don't need to say to others Slightly smiling Face). By the way about new update you can find in Sony Mobile web site https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/#gref tap your IMEI and you will see information about update which is supported for your smartphone Slightly smiling Face

Probably Uliwooly forgot to say that xperifirm is unofficial way to get update, need to flash it with 3rd party apps, so i advise you first at all to check all information and to wait. Sometime to wait update need very long time, but be patience and you will get it in official ways- check in https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperia-companion/#gref, also straight in smartphone - settings - about phone - in top i think must be to check about new updates line Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 958 of 1,252
Message 958 of 1,252

Xperia xa Android 8.0???

Xperia xa got update to 8.0??? please Sony I need it to New  functions

Apprentice
Message 959 of 1,252
Message 959 of 1,252

No Oreo update.. 😭

I have the dual SIM xz premium g8142, and still haven't received the Oreo update. Everytime I check it says software is current. Is there anyone else who hasn't received the update yet?

Message 960 of 1,252
Message 960 of 1,252

Re: No Oreo update.. 😭

where are you from?i am from Indonesia and yes im using G8142 and yes i have recieved my OREO update.

Sony XZ Premium,Samsung S9 Plus and iPhone X.
MDR-Z1R,ATH-MSR7 and V-Moda Crossfade Wireless.