account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Visitor
Message 911 of 1,252
Message 911 of 1,252

Problem

My mobile can not update software please help me
Message 912 of 1,252
Message 912 of 1,252

Re: Problem

@Yasser12

Make sure you have enough space in your internal memory.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 913 of 1,252
Message 913 of 1,252

I have 20g.b free memory
Message 914 of 1,252
Message 914 of 1,252

@Yasser12

Try connecting your phone to a PC and use Xperia Companion to update it.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 915 of 1,252
Message 915 of 1,252

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP Released

Having a sony z5 compact, that never behaved correctly after android 7.1, unstable Bluetooth constantly disconnecting while used in any car so far. Sony supprt said to restore, but it didn't help, others said to reboot into safe mode, it didnt help. The phone worked perfectly on 6.x, but 7.x was a disaster. 

My wifes z3, my apple iphone 6, samsung s5, my sony tablet using 6.0, even my old z1 compact are having a 100% hazzlefree Bluetooth connection. 

This forum pretty much sums it all up - Sony doesn't give a rats a.. once you have spend money on their devices and don't expect any bug fixes, they are just as rare as water on the sun.

So for me Z5 will be the last sony device ever, after being a loyal customer since the z1 compact+various sony tablets. They went from premium to a "we dont care brand" :-(

Highlighted
Osi
Learner
Message 916 of 1,252
Message 916 of 1,252

OTA update not working

It does not come to the OTA. I tried everything but it was not. Can you help me

Ota guncellemesi gelmiyor. Herseyi denedim ama olmadi. Yardimci olabilirmisiniz

Inhabitant
Message 917 of 1,252
Message 917 of 1,252

Re: Oreo update

Have you had any issues?

Emperor
Message 918 of 1,252
Message 918 of 1,252

Re: OTA update not working

@Osi

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

If you get the notification then you could use Xperia Companion, if you haven't received the notification then you have to wait for the update to be approved and released in your country. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 919 of 1,252
Message 919 of 1,252

Re: Android 8

Hello, three days ago I bought this equipment and I still can not update to Oreo, by going to support and entering the imei it tells me that it is updated to the latest Nugat version.

Help!! Thank you.

Hola, hace tres dias me compre este equipo y aun no puedo actualizar a oreo, al ir a soporte y ingresar el imei me dice que esta actualizado a la última versión Nugat.

Ayuda!!  Gracias.

Emperor
Message 920 of 1,252
Message 920 of 1,252

Re: Android 8

@Juan51

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Just like any other update you will have to wait for the update to be approved and released in your country. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)