account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 881 of 1,256
Message 881 of 1,256

Xperia XA1 plus model G3421 dual sim android oreo update

Hi im waiting yet for the update to android oreo in my xperia xa1 plus and still don't arrive, someone have this model with oreo??

Visitor
Message 882 of 1,256
Message 882 of 1,256

Why z3 + no longer update 8.0

Почему z3+ больше не обновляют

Why z3 + no longer update

GT

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 883 of 1,256
Message 883 of 1,256

Re: Sony xperia z5 Android 8.0

Why are you fooling us, Oreo for kitakami no!

One time poster
Message 884 of 1,256
Message 884 of 1,256

software update

is it normal that my Xperia X is still at Android 7.1.1 and security patch dic 1th 2017 build 34.3.A.0.252?

Any new release since last december?

Emperor
Message 885 of 1,256
Message 885 of 1,256

Re: software update

@pipitonegius

just like any other update, you have to wait for the latest update to be approved and released in your country. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Pioneer
Message 886 of 1,256
Message 886 of 1,256

Re: software update

@pipitonegiusif I were you, I'd switch to another region with more "reliable" update flow.

In which case, you need to use flashtool, but it's not that hard. It does not require unlocking bootloader or rooting.

For F5121, personal recommendation - Customized DE, already on April security patches.

One time poster
Message 887 of 1,256
Message 887 of 1,256

Xa Ultra

Very good I would like to know if for the XA ULTRA they are going to put the 8.0 Oreo system update since the other mobiles if they have put it on, I would like to know if they will put it on or think about putting it on.

Muy buenas quisiera saber si para el XA ULTRA van a poner la actualización del sistema 8.0 Oreo ya que a los demás móviles si se lo han puesto, quisiera saber si se lo pondran o piensan ponerselo.

Emperor
Message 888 of 1,256
Message 888 of 1,256

Re: Xa Ultra

@Zarkty

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-8-0-Oreo-When-are-we-getting-it-which-Xperia...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 889 of 1,256
Message 889 of 1,256

XA1 ULTRA G3221 OREO UPDATE UK

Is there anyone who can update me on when my XA1 ULTRA G3221 UK will get the oreo update .. Can't find any new information anywhere and would love to have some good news finally!!

Thank you

Message 890 of 1,256
Message 890 of 1,256

Re: XA1 ULTRA G3221 OREO UPDATE UK

@ukbritbrat

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.