account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Learner
Message 431 of 1,261
Message 431 of 1,261

Xperia xz oreo update not received

It has been 3 weeks of oreo update launched still not received it wat should i do. 

Adviser
Message 432 of 1,261
Message 432 of 1,261

Stalled firmware updates

The last two firmware updates seem to have failed. 

47.1.A.5.51  which was supposed to fix our camera distortion problems, due 'mid November', never even made it to some UK phones.

Now 47.1.A.7.1 has stalled with only one German build having been updated.

Come on Sony, where is the support and fixes that we need to keep our phones fantastic?

Message 433 of 1,261
Message 433 of 1,261

Re: Stalled firmware updates

IMO the phone itself is pretty rubbish, and the software even worse. They should correct it ASAP.

Enthusiast
Message 434 of 1,261
Message 434 of 1,261

Re: Xperia xz oreo update not received

You can first check using pc companion. If that didn't work, then use flashtool>xperiaFirm>

Then select your phone model and the firmware region. Make sure the firmware has the build number 41.3.A.0. 401 (oreo). Download it then flash it. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 435 of 1,261
Message 435 of 1,261

Android 8.0 Oreo for Xperia xa ultra

Is there an Android Oreo 8.0 update for Xperia XA Ultra?

¿Habrá actualizacion de Android Oreo 8.0 para Xperia xa ultra? 

Pioneer
Message 436 of 1,261
Message 436 of 1,261

Re: Stalled firmware updates

My post about US variant stuck on 47.1.A.2.324 (August 5 update, released to US on November 3rd) got merged in the middle of general discussion about updates, but I decided to take a look at the firmware composition of G8441 based on BLX and unlocked UK variants.

[Removing my findings since they are not valid across vastly different regions, e.g. UK model won't even have modem configuration for US TMO, based on my tinkering with XZ1. I will need to dig deeper, but there is no other region running .324, so relilable diffing is not possible at the moment]

While release terms can be unpredicted, the lack of reasoning behind delayed updates hurts more. If the reason is that the modem crashes on X, Y, and Z network and fails to dial emergency numbers - that's a valid point to stop rollouts, but communicating the reason to end users will go a long way towards gaining user trust and loyalty.

Unfortunately, at this very moment, my trust level is quite different from 80% of users on this forum who live in the markets that get frequent software updates.

No longer using XZ1C
Emperor
Message 437 of 1,261
Message 437 of 1,261

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo for Xperia xa ultra

@Eve24

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post. 

This has been asked before, check this post.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 438 of 1,261
Message 438 of 1,261

OREO UPDATE NOT AVAILABLE FOR XPERIA XZ F8332 DUALSIM

I have xperia xz F8332 dual sim version and still haven't received oreo update. I live in India so please if anyone knows when i will receive it or how to update to oreo? 

One time poster
Message 439 of 1,261
Message 439 of 1,261

Xperia z5 update

The Xperia z5 update's to Android 8.0 ?

Message 440 of 1,261
Message 440 of 1,261

Re: OREO UPDATE NOT AVAILABLE FOR XPERIA XZ F8332 DUALSIM

@Rut007

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.