account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 351 of 1,261
Message 351 of 1,261

Sony Xp Android 8.0

Why SONY XP did not update Android 8.0 together? Only XZ ??

dual card 

Pioneer
Message 352 of 1,261
Message 352 of 1,261

Re: Sony Xp Android 8.0

Hi @sonytaiwanlovefans,

According to this page, the Xperia X Performance is getting an upgrade to Android 8.0 ("Oreo"). I just asked my partner (she has this smartphone) and she reckons it hasn't rolled-out yet though... But it's definately coming, so hang in there bud.

You can read about the process for rolling-out updates/upgrades and why it sometimes takes so long over here...

I hope this answers your question.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 353 of 1,261
Message 353 of 1,261

Re: Z 5 premium

@Abhi369 wrote:
Nexus 6p  and z5 premium same time launch but nexus 6p oreo update. Please z5 premium oreo update. 

Nexus is Google product as Android, it's normal that manufactor updating theirs smartphones with theirs operating system. Z5 is SOny product, i don't know reasons why Z5 series will not get update, but it can be that Z5 can run Oreo with interference. Z5 will not get Oreo update Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 354 of 1,261
Message 354 of 1,261

Re: Z 5 premium

@CWilliamL wrote:

samsung s6 will also get oreo update

samsung is better than sony now

There are a lot of people in the world and their have different opinion, it's good, they have right to their opinion, but i disagree that Sony is worse as Samsung, coz don't update Z5 to Oreo Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 355 of 1,261
Message 355 of 1,261

Indian version of xz oreo update

When will the oreo update of xz dual Sim available? 

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 356 of 1,261
Message 356 of 1,261

Re: Xperia L1 and oreo.

@Karlo2 wrote:

Sony ... I do not really understand you. So it's about the xperia L1 phone. The phone has come out in 5 months. And now you will not really upgrade 8.0 oreo for that phone? Please upgrade this phone to 8.0 android. Thank you.

Xperia L1 don't get Oreo update. Hre the list of devices which will get Oreo:

Xperia™ XZ1Tap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ1 Dual SIMTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ1 CompactTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ PremiumTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ Premium Dual SIMTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZ Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZsWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZs Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 PlusWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Plus Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1Will be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 UltraWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Ultra Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X PerformanceWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X Performance Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X CompactWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ TouchWill be updated to Android™ 8.0

Xperi L1 is mid-range model, why will not get update, i don't know, but probably reason is, coz smartphone can run Oreo with interference Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 357 of 1,261
Message 357 of 1,261

Re: Indian version of xz oreo update

@SHANE1 wrote:

When will the oreo update of xz dual Sim available? 

It's hard to say, coz software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, Sony or someone else from this forum cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models. from my personal experience i can advise you to talk with your GSM operator too and to ask about posibilty to get this update at all Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 358 of 1,261
Message 358 of 1,261

the whole sony update process is crazy AND dumb!

yes, Sony's official position is that it'll be released in waves and so on.

But what is crazy is that if you goto Sony's own developer page for the publically available flash tool (https://developer.sonymobile.com/open-devices/flash-tool/) and then use that information, along with other bits that are not official - you can see that the new updated firmware is ALREADY sitting on Sony's servers for my XZ1 dual.  Which is incidentally 3 revisions NEWER than what is on my phone.. I have 47.1.A.2.273.   

Looking on the internets - you can see there has been a 47.1.A.2.324, 47.1.A.2.374 and now the 47.1.A.5.51 version available.  But going on the official sony website - it tells me that my phone is on the latest available software!

What even more messed up - is that a friend of mine who bought the same phone, at the same time as I did from the SAME STORE - already received the newer firmware update.  

Even though we both have the same exact same CDA submodel for the XZ1 Dual.

On top of that - to have Sony's official customer service folks then tell me that it is up to Google (and *NOT* Sony) to release the firmware - is not leaving a good taste in my mouth as someone who has had Sony devices since the T68i from day's of yore.  I am stuck with other devices via work, but prefer the xperia for my personal use.  Treatment like this makes me want to return my XZ1, and just buy a Pixel 2 and call it a day.

One time poster
Message 359 of 1,261
Message 359 of 1,261

didn't receive oreo ota update yet on xperia xz

my question is why I did not receive any notification of new version of android oreo in software update.I live in Iran and my phone region is middle east.

Pioneer
Message 360 of 1,261
Message 360 of 1,261

Re: Xperia L1 and oreo.

@euphorics wrote:

Xperi L1 is mid-range model, why will not get update, i don't know, but probably reason is, coz smartphone can run Oreo with interference Slightly smiling Face

How do you know the Xperia L1 can "run Oreo without interference"? Are you already running Android 8.0 ("Oreo") on the Xperia L1?

Whilst many devices out there (including mobile devices 5+ years old) could theoretically run Android 8.0 ("Oreo"), the experience would often be less than ideal... And this is one of the many factors Sony use to determine whether a particular mobile device receives an upgrade to the next version of Android or not - after all, what is the point of offering a new version of Android, only to have your mobile device device run poorly in comparison to how it used to?

Then of course, there's all the "usual" stuff - how many people are using said mobile device, how old a mobile device is, whether there are any carriers pushing for an upgrade, where a mobile device sits in Sony's ecosystem (low/mid/high-end mobile device), whether any functionality will be lost after the upgrade, etc... It's a big process to upgrade an Android device, so if Sony don't offer an upgrade or don't offer it an a timely manner, there's probably a pretty good reason for it.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!