account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 311 of 1,274
Message 311 of 1,274

Re: Oreo update

@Kunal17 wrote:

Hi, any idea when xzs will get oreo update and all the fixes and enhancements xzp have got?

As i know there is no any offcial release dates at this moment, about features you can see in Sony's Oreo presentation video Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 312 of 1,274
Message 312 of 1,274

Has anyone heard if the L1 will get the Oreo update?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 313 of 1,274
Message 313 of 1,274

Re: Android 8.0 for Sony Xperia Z5 & Z5 Premium

I highly doubt that the sony Z5 phone will get the 8.0 update I would love to see the update on my device sony Z5

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 314 of 1,274
Message 314 of 1,274

Re: Has anyone heard if the L1 will get the Oreo update?

@Roppa247 wrote:

Model Information about released software

Xperia™ XZ1Tap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ1 Dual SIMTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ1 CompactTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ PremiumTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ Premium Dual SIMTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZ Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZsWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZs Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 PlusWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Plus Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1Will be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 UltraWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Ultra Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X PerformanceWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X Performance Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X CompactWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ TouchWill be updated to Android™ 8.0

As you can see L1 is not listed Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 315 of 1,274
Message 315 of 1,274

@amin3 wrote:

I highly doubt that the sony Z5 phone will get the 8.0 update I would love to see the update on my device sony Z5

@Rstan wrote:

To the Sony team

I've been a long term and loyal customer of Sony. Been convincing family and friends to move over to Sony phones. I currently have a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium (Sony's 4K flagship phone). At this stage my phone is still on Android 6.0.1 build 5.11. I have not updated it due to the fear of all the problems the Z5 users have been experiencing. 

I do to, like a lot of Z5 users, agree that the best built ever for the Z5 series was android 6.0.1. Best performance, smooth interface and best ever battery life. No other built could be compared to it. 

As my reference mentioned, all we as Z5 users (especially like me Z5 Premium) are asking is to update our phone to Android 8.0. I meen after all, there has been countless and countless of reviews on the Z5 and more so on the Z5 Premium (Sony's first ever 4k phone!). Dont let us (your most valuable assests) and all the journalists, magazines, bloggers, etc down and not update the phones. The Z5 Premium is not even close to 2 years yet. Sony and everyone went out of their way to promote the Z5 Premium with its 4K screen, vivid colours and best design.

All we are asking is for one final horaah for the Z5 series. Makes us proud and please dont disappoint. We all know that you can. We know it. We believe in you Sony. Dont let us down!

@Rstan wrote:

To the Sony team

I've been a long term and loyal customer of Sony. Been convincing family and friends to move over to Sony phones. I currently have a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium (Sony's 4K flagship phone). At this stage my phone is still on Android 6.0.1 build 5.11. I have not updated it due to the fear of all the problems the Z5 users have been experiencing. 

I do to, like a lot of Z5 users, agree that the best built ever for the Z5 series was android 6.0.1. Best performance, smooth interface and best ever battery life. No other built could be compared to it. 

As my reference mentioned, all we as Z5 users (especially like me Z5 Premium) are asking is to update our phone to Android 8.0. I meen after all, there has been countless and countless of reviews on the Z5 and more so on the Z5 Premium (Sony's first ever 4k phone!). Dont let us (your most valuable assests) and all the journalists, magazines, bloggers, etc down and not update the phones. The Z5 Premium is not even close to 2 years yet. Sony and everyone went out of their way to promote the Z5 Premium with its 4K screen, vivid colours and best design.

All we are asking is for one final horaah for the Z5 series. Makes us proud and please dont disappoint. We all know that you can. We know it. We believe in you Sony. Dont let us down!

Z5 and Z5 Premium will not get Oreo, this story is already END and CLOSEDYou must respect Sony decision Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Learner
Message 316 of 1,274
Message 316 of 1,274

Slightly smiling Facethanks 😘 😘 alot 

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 317 of 1,274
Message 317 of 1,274

@Chillll wrote:

Slightly smiling Facethanks 😘 😘 alot 

Any time if i just can to help Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 318 of 1,274
Message 318 of 1,274

Re: November security update

Well, I can answer my own question now since I just got the November update.

The answer is no. Only security updates and not the optional improvements were included. Pity.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 319 of 1,274
Message 319 of 1,274

47.1.A.5.51

This new update is out with November Security patch.
I have also found the "Distortion Correction" option in camera.
Is there anything else changed ?

I think sony should atleast release a update log which shows major changes and fixes since at each update we have to check if our issue is fixed or not.

I still find the adaptive brighness issue reported in sony oreo not getting fixed.

Highlighted
Message 320 of 1,274
Message 320 of 1,274

Android - 8

Xperia XA dual upgrade to 8??? Pls confirm.....