account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 301 of 1,261
Message 301 of 1,261

Oreo for z5 e6603?

will be available android 8.0 for the z5 e6603?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 302 of 1,261
Message 302 of 1,261

XPERIA XZ1 Compact - Latest Software Updates NOT available!

Hello,

I recently bought a Sony XPeria XZ1 Compact here in the US and I like it so far.

However I have seen today that my phone still has the build number 47.1.A.2.324 and NOT the recently released 47.1.A.2.374. Also the Android security patch level states August 5, 2017 (see attached screenshots).

I checked for updates via the Software Update function but it tells me my device is already up to date which is obviosuly not true as it runs the older software and security patch version!

When I check the update page on the Sony XPeria website (https://support.sonymobile.com/us/software/) and I type in my IMEI it also tells me that my phone is up to date which is definitely NOT true. Sony themselves published a statement on their website that there is a security update available: https://support.sonymobile.com/us/xperiaxz1compact/kb/8019307455ff6184015e92f6332401b94/

So my question is, how and when will I receive the latest Security Updates for my brand new device?

Also, does the 47.1.A.2.374 Update incude a fix for the WPA2 Wifi KRACK issue?

Thanks!

aa.jpg22.jpg

1212.jpg

Message 303 of 1,261
Message 303 of 1,261

Re: XPERIA XZ1 Compact - Latest Software Updates NOT available!

@PeterLar

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

To make it more clear for you: it's not about purchase or origin country, it's about a specific character of your mobile/tablet called "customization version". You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info", if you want me to check if this specific customization version has the update released or not I can help you with that.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 304 of 1,261
Message 304 of 1,261

Thanks for the quick reply!

I do have the Customization Version / Active Customization: 1310-4371_R8B

Do you know where I can check if for this specific Customization Version is an Update available? If not could ypou find out please?

Thanks so much!

Message 305 of 1,261
Message 305 of 1,261

@PeterLar

This looks like the Customized US unit, and it's still on 47.1.A.2.324, so patience is all we can do at the moment.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 306 of 1,261
Message 306 of 1,261

You'll need to be patient, you can refer to this site and can confirm that you have the latest update for US. https://xpericheck.com/device/G8441
One time poster
Message 307 of 1,261
Message 307 of 1,261

Android oreo 8.0 update

Buen día. 

Mi Xperia X estaba con la versión de Android 7.1.1. Hace dos dias descargó automáticamente una nueva actualización a Android (de más de 300 Mb).

Realizó todo el proceso de reiniciado, inclusive con la imagen del logo de Android. Mostró mensajes de proceso correctos. 

Luego voy a configuración, y veo que sigue con la versión 7.1.1.

Hay reportes de actualizaciones a Android 8.0 fallidas?

Gracias. 

Good day.

My Xperia X was with the version of Android 7.1.1. Two days ago automatically downloaded a new update to Android (over 300 Mb).

Performed the whole reboot process, including with the image of the Android logo. It showed correct process messages.

Then I go to configuration, and I see that it continues with version 7.1.1.

There are reports of updates to Android 8.0 failed?

Thank you.

GT

Visitor
Message 308 of 1,261
Message 308 of 1,261

Re: Android oreo 8.0 update

Translation via Google Translate:

Best regard.
The update that came to you is the security patch of Google that arrives every month for another ... update oreo we will not see until the beginning of the first quarter of 2018

Cordial saludo.

La actualización que te llegó es el parche de seguridad de Google que cada mes llega por otra... actualización oreo no la veremos hasta comienso de el primer trimestre del 2018

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 309 of 1,261
Message 309 of 1,261

Re: Oreo for z5 e6603?

@Hansel69 wrote:

will be available android 8.0 for the z5 e6603?

Z5 will not get Oreo Slightly smiling Face

Xperia™ XZ1Tap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ1 Dual SIMTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ1 CompactTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ PremiumTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ Premium Dual SIMTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZ Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZsWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZs Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 PlusWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Plus Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1Will be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 UltraWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Ultra Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X PerformanceWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X Performance Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X CompactWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ TouchWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 310 of 1,261
Message 310 of 1,261

Re: Update of Android oreo 8.0

@Elfride wrote:

Cuando se enviará la actualización para Xperia Xz de Android oreo 8.0 en Bolivia?

When Android 8 for XZ in Bolivia?

As i know at this time there is no any official release dates about Oreo, so need to wait and be patience Slightly smiling Face