account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Message 51 of 2,870
Message 51 of 2,870

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Please don't leave z1 outdated. It deserves to have Android 6.0 

Regular
Message 52 of 2,870
Message 52 of 2,870

Android 6.0 on Xperia

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/10/06/sony-confirms-xperia-android-6-0-marshmallow-plans/

I bought 2 Z1 compact for me and my daughter just 13 months ago, troubles and troubles for fragile back plate, missing waterproof and port's filps broken...

And now you tell me that it will be not upgraded?

Do you think that somebody will buy again a Sony device?

For your interest, please do an analisys of your commercial chooses, you will loose the market.

Enthusiast
Message 53 of 2,870
Message 53 of 2,870

Re: Android 6.0 on Xperia

Z1 is outdated now and there were always complains regarding Z and Z1...
So no use for blaming the company, you should have researched over the net about sony devices and reviews
Message 54 of 2,870
Message 54 of 2,870

@Sportyerre

It's not even final yet, the list Sony announced 2 days ago was for the devices that will get Marshmallow update for sure, other devices might be under investigation. And as @SajjanXperia said, this phone is almost 2 years old, most of other major brands won't offer software updates to phones older than 18 months, yet Sony went for 5.1.1 on older devices like Z1, Z, and Z ultra.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Commissioner
Message 55 of 2,870
Message 55 of 2,870

How is Z1 outdated? I received a written warranty for my Xperia which is valid for 24 months. Z1c has been on the market for 18 months. So, I've just lost support provided by Sony before my warranty expired. Is this normal?

And this is my second Sony Xperia for which I will not receive good firware. The same happened to my Xperia SP, and now  Z1c. Both firmwares have flaws. I hope Sony will consider issuing at least a fix for 5.1.1 for Z1c to solve the battery drain and other problems users report here.

Based on my experience with 2 Xperias (before that I used a Sony Ericsson smartphone, and before that a bunch of Nokias which never failed), I will not buy another Sony Xperia for two reasons: they are overpriced and lack of support after approx. 18 months.

Regular
Message 56 of 2,870
Message 56 of 2,870

May be 2 years old is the project, the distribution started in Italy in May 2014, so 16 months ago, not 24.

And in one year three following versions have been released, is it normal?

A sale policy based on future sales, when a product has troubles, must be based on buyback at correct price or total refound.

I will go to Google or HTC products probabbly

Commissioner
Message 57 of 2,870
Message 57 of 2,870

@Quester

I was there when Sony considered 4.4 for Xperia SP and then gave up. First, they announced 4.4 for sure, then they changed their decision into "under investigation" and finally they gave up. Owners of Xperia SP will confirm this.

"If you take a look at the Xperia SP support page now, Android 4.4 KitKat appears as being “under investigation”, so it’s no longer confirmed as coming in the future." (source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-Xperia-SPs-Android-4.4-KitKat-update-now-under-investigation_id5...

There is no guarantee that Z1 or Z1c will get 6.0 ever. It really doesn't matter to me if Sony provides solid 5.1.1 which is now not the case.

emk
Adept
Message 58 of 2,870
Message 58 of 2,870

Marshmallow 6.0

when would I get the marshmallow on my Sony Z3 Dual -D6633?
And am I getting it out not?
emk
Adept
Message 59 of 2,870
Message 59 of 2,870

Re: Marshmallow 6.0

Or*
Regular
Message 60 of 2,870
Message 60 of 2,870

...and it is still on sale at 379€ on Sony website