account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

One time poster
Message 31 of 3,018
Message 31 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Plz don't compare z1 and z. I thought sony would leave the support for z but z1.
One time poster
Message 32 of 3,018
Message 32 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

z1, z1c marshmallow update please!

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 3,018
Message 33 of 3,018

No Marshmallow (A6.0) for Xperia Z!!!

as per Sony's update roadmap, Xperia Z will not get Android 6.0..

Although i am very happy that the device has a rich update history, i really feel that SONY should've given us a last Android 6.0 update to Xperia Z, as it would greatly benefit from the "Doze" feature for battery, since update to 5.x series has ruined Xperia Z's Battery life!

Model: Xperia P (LT22i)
Firmware: 6.2.A.1.100
Model: Xperia Z (C6603)
Firmware: 10.6.A.0.454
Message 34 of 3,018
Message 34 of 3,018

Re: No Marshmallow (A6.0) for Xperia Z!!!

You can contact Sony directly with your feedback through this link:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Forum Legend
Message 35 of 3,018
Message 35 of 3,018

Re: No Marshmallow (A6.0) for Xperia Z!!!

It didn't say it wouldn't get it but and I hate to say this but other OEM's like Samsung haven't updated devices like the S4 to LP which is younger so to receive LP speaks volumes compared to other OEM's

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 36 of 3,018
Message 36 of 3,018

"If you think other makers give you better upgrades, try them out."

Yes,we will.Though other manufacturers may not support old phones after 1 or 2 years either.But at least we are not afraid of brake our camera  by unlock bootloader.We can use third party roms like CM without misgivings.

Visitor
Message 37 of 3,018
Message 37 of 3,018

Marshmallow new feature suggestions anybody?

With the new os marshmallow comming up.. lots of people would like to add some new features to our beloved hand held devices... just some suggestions... Just like for example xperia z2 has a double tap.to wake up.. Why not put another feature like double tap to sleep.. Just an idea.. Thanks
Visitor
Message 38 of 3,018
Message 38 of 3,018

Re: Marshmallow new feature suggestions anybody?

I might posted this in a wrong section of the forum..
Emperor
Message 39 of 3,018
Message 39 of 3,018

@Zigma

This has been suggested/requested before (double tap to sleep)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 40 of 3,018
Message 40 of 3,018

Yup uli.. I seldom read forums and the idea just came to mind.. Thanks.. Other suggestions would be really helpful in improving or devices yet.. Just another shout out to our dearest programmers out there.. And a additional memo pad app wouldnt hurt either.. Thanks again uliwooly