account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Genius
Message 381 of 3,017
Message 381 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Well, do you all want a not fully tested and deployed Marshmallow release? Sure, go on. Force Sony to release it. Then don't start asking how to return to lollipop or complaining that marshmallow broke your phone.

Just wait for the right moment, it will happen.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Message 382 of 3,017
Message 382 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I feel z1 users should also get marshmallow updates why being bias on this. Xperia series started with z1 so it's ethical to give updates to z1 series as well.
Adept
Message 383 of 3,017
Message 383 of 3,017

Marshmallow Update for Xperia M2

Can anyone tell me Xperia M2 is gonna receive Marshmallow Update or not?. If yes, when?
Genius
Message 384 of 3,017
Message 384 of 3,017

Re: Marshmallow Update for Xperia M2

According to Sony official blog, here are the devices that will receive Android 6.0:

• Xperia Z5,
  • Xperia Z5 Compact,
  • Xperia Z5 Premium,
  • Xperia Z4 Tablet,
  • Xperia Z3+,
  • Xperia Z3,
  • Xperia Z3 Compact,
  • Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact,
  • Xperia Z2,
  • Xperia Z2 Tablet,
  • Xperia M5,
  • Xperia C5 Ultra,
  • Xperia M4 Aqua,
  • Xperia C4.

If you don't see your device in the list above, your device won't get Android 6.0. Can we make this list sticky on top?

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Learner
Message 385 of 3,017
Message 385 of 3,017

Operation '' getting marshmallow from moon '' can end faster than getting it from sony :-))

Emperor
Message 386 of 3,017
Message 386 of 3,017

Re: Marshmallow Update for Xperia M2

@YoGem

Done, thanks

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 387 of 3,017
Message 387 of 3,017

Sony please release android marshmallow please now we are tired to see this you take too long time to release it..please Sony release it now. we need marshmallow..

Do not forget to give kudosKudos 2.JPGand to select the correct answer Solution.JPG

One time poster
Message 388 of 3,017
Message 388 of 3,017

Z3 user here.. Ive been waiting for the marsmallow update to fix my phone.. After i update to 5.1 my wifi wont work and even my left speaker.. So please sony release it now.. By the way im from phillipines..
One time poster
Message 389 of 3,017
Message 389 of 3,017

when will z5p update?

I wanna know the date accurately
Learner
Message 390 of 3,017
Message 390 of 3,017

Sony can u hear us
Give a date 📆