account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Message 21 of 2,870
Message 21 of 2,870

ZU, Z1, Z1c Marshmallow update

I'm here to prove that we need marshmallow. If you want it please post.
Forum Legend
Message 22 of 2,870
Message 22 of 2,870

Re: ZU, Z1, Z1c Marshmallow update

Why do you need it?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 23 of 2,870
Message 23 of 2,870

If we won't get 6.0 then unlock our bootloaders. I bought my new unlocked, debranded Z1C one and half year ago with bootloader unlocked (why?!). If Sony abandons it, I want alternate way to get new Android version. Why we want new Android version?? Is this some joke? Why don't you use windows 3.1 instead of windows 8/10. I think reason is security (fixes), compatibility with new apps or even comparing with other devices...there are alot reasons. Can you give us main reason why it wont get new android? It's pretty capable of running it.... or maybe you want make us buy new z5 compact? Yes, new z5c is great phone but we don't want spend 400$ or more every one and half year for new phone... I'm sorry if you think this is rude of me, but these are facts....

One time poster
Message 24 of 2,870
Message 24 of 2,870

z1, z1c marshmallow update please! It's less than 2 years the z1c was released in Europe. Outdated phone in less than 2 years?

Rookie
Message 25 of 2,870
Message 25 of 2,870

Z1C Needs an update!

Message 26 of 2,870
Message 26 of 2,870

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Thommo, because it great functional addition to beatiful lollipop. Features like ram manager in settings, battery optimization and permissions for each app, doze are awesome.
Commissioner
Message 27 of 2,870
Message 27 of 2,870

SamsonThelion66, bootloaders are locked by telcos for obvious reason. Where I stay, no telcos are allowed to lock the bootloader by law, making it simple to switch telco providers with your telephone number. You may want to check with your Media authorities whether this is a requirement by the government. Yes, even debranded phones require the telco networks to function.

We have to be fair to Sony. If Sony keep updating their older phones, than who will buy their new ones? In the end, all that matters for a company is still profit. No profit, no company and therefore no more updates. So if you want the latest, you need to also ensure the company survives to keep you updated. Alternatively, you can also purchase Nexus phones, which runs on pure Android. Wait...even Android M also not to be loaded on older Nexus phones? Android-m-geared-only-nexus-5-6-9-older-nexus-models-stuck-lollipop-5xx-1937279.

Says it all, does it.

Message 28 of 2,870
Message 28 of 2,870

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Dear Bearings,

you are so wise...ofcourse that sony wants to sell new z5...but, does that mean that I should replace almost new phone because of update blackmail? Yes, I will definiteley replace my phone and it wont be sony ever again. You mentioned bootloader...only sony locked their bootloaders...other good manufacturers allowed bootloader unlock.... Remember one thing, a lot of people search for alternatives. There's some relative new manufacturers who can offer more for the same price. For example OnePlus or Xiaomi. They offer much more faster updates then Sony and built -in and hardware is great. With this politicy Sony will easy loose customers ... Others make one flagship and support it while Sony make 2 flagships in one year...that is enough to conclude how greedy Sony is. Thanks for your answer!
One time poster
Message 29 of 2,870
Message 29 of 2,870

I agree with Samson!
Maybe xperia Z is "old" but Z1 deserves one more update!
Commissioner
Message 30 of 2,870
Message 30 of 2,870

Samsung the world's no. 1 phone maker has more than 1 flagship a year. Do they update their older phones like Sony? I can confirm the answer is no. I have a Tab Pro still stuck as the first day I got it. Smaller phone makers could update their phones faster but it may not be necessarily better. If you think other makers give you better upgrades, try them out. No need to be stuck on one model.