account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

One time poster
Message 2421 of 3,020
402 Views
Message 2421 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Its such a heart breaker that sony xperia z3 D6683 didn't get the marshmallow update. Still running on 5.0.2. HONG KONG version is not getting the updates as for russian, us, Indian and other conteries are getting.
Learner
Message 2422 of 3,020
411 Views
Message 2422 of 3,020

No E5353 marshmallow update

Hey guys,

I own an International C4 E5353 that I bought off of ebay, I live in the United States. I noticed that a Marshmallow 6.0 update has been pushed to C4 devices, but I haven't got the update yet. I currently am on Android 5.1 (27.2.A.0.169). I recently factory reset the device, so I have enough storage. I have tried updating via the companion program and that says it's up to date. Is there something I can do to get the update or does it just not exist for my phone?

 

Thanks for any help!

Emperor
Message 2423 of 3,020
406 Views
Message 2423 of 3,020

Re: No E5353 marshmallow update

@Elias_Watson

 

It'll be wise to contact the seller and ask where is the phone originally from. 

 


@Elias_Watson wrote:

Hey guys,

I own an International C4 E5353 that I bought off of ebay, I live in the United States. I noticed that a Marshmallow 6.0 update has been pushed to C4 devices, but I haven't got the update yet. I currently am on Android 5.1 (27.2.A.0.169). I recently factory reset the device, so I have enough storage. I have tried updating via the companion program and that says it's up to date. Is there something I can do to get the update or does it just not exist for my phone?

 

Thanks for any help!


 




"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 2424 of 3,020
406 Views
Message 2424 of 3,020

Re: No E5353 marshmallow update


@uliwooly wrote:

@Elias_Watson

 

It'll be wise to contact the seller and ask where is the phone originally from. 

 


@Elias_Watson wrote:

Hey guys,

I own an International C4 E5353 that I bought off of ebay, I live in the United States. I noticed that a Marshmallow 6.0 update has been pushed to C4 devices, but I haven't got the update yet. I currently am on Android 5.1 (27.2.A.0.169). I recently factory reset the device, so I have enough storage. I have tried updating via the companion program and that says it's up to date. Is there something I can do to get the update or does it just not exist for my phone?

 

Thanks for any help!


 


I am pretty sure it is from China. The phone will default to chinese when factory reset and has a few chinese apps installed by default.

Emperor
Message 2425 of 3,020
390 Views
Message 2425 of 3,020

Re: No E5353 marshmallow update

@Elias_Watson

 

Use Xperifirm to manually update your phone 




"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 2426 of 3,020
387 Views
Message 2426 of 3,020

Re: No E5353 marshmallow update


@uliwooly wrote:

@Elias_Watson

 

Use Xperifirm to manually update your phone 


After a little investigation, this is the model I have:

Capture.PNG

So, it apparently does not have the Marshmallow update officially. Is it safe to flash firmware from a different model, like the Australian version? If that is safe, what's the best way to do that? Last I looked flashtool warned not to flash C4 phones as it will brick them. Can I do it from fastboot?

Emperor
Message 2427 of 3,020
382 Views
Message 2427 of 3,020

Re: No E5353 marshmallow update

@Elias_Watson

 

It'll be wise to post this questions on the XDA Forum. 




"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2428 of 3,020
364 Views
Message 2428 of 3,020

Re: No E5353 marshmallow update


@Elias_Watson wrote:

@uliwooly wrote:

@Elias_Watson

 

Use Xperifirm to manually update your phone 


After a little investigation, this is the model I have:

Capture.PNG

So, it apparently does not have the Marshmallow update officially. Is it safe to flash firmware from a different model, like the Australian version? If that is safe, what's the best way to do that? Last I looked flashtool warned not to flash C4 phones as it will brick them. Can I do it from fastboot?


If you didn't that before, i don't recommend to do now, coz you really can brick your phone and without repair phone service you will not be able to fix it. Trust me, i know what i'm saying Slightly smiling Face Even if you will get answer from XDA forum, which mentioned Uliwooly, that it's safe and ect., you will do all process at your own risk and if you will brick your smartphone, nobody will not compensate your loss, so think better before you will do that, if this your wish is good idea at all Slightly smiling Face

To flash with Flashtool application .tft files it's not so hard, but problem is that Flashtool latest version bricking C4/C5 Ultra Xperia smartphones models. So others methods can be harder, need more knowledges and ect., that's way i don't recommend you to do that, even if you will do that first time Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 2429 of 3,020
361 Views
Message 2429 of 3,020

No update for my Z3 D6683

Hi all,
I'm still on Android 5.0.2 on my Z3, no update is availabke for me.
When this phone will get marshmallow ?
Thank you
Emperor
Message 2430 of 3,020
352 Views
Message 2430 of 3,020

Re: No update for my Z3 D6683

@SoryM

 

is your phone network branded?

 


@SoryM wrote:
Hi all,
I'm still on Android 5.0.2 on my Z3, no update is availabke for me.
When this phone will get marshmallow ?
Thank you

 




"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)