account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Rookie
Message 2401 of 3,020
Message 2401 of 3,020

M2 Dual Lollipop Update

Hey, iam using m2 dual (D2302 - Android 4.4.4). I heard m2s can upgrade to android 5.1 but i dont see any system upgrades on update center. How can i upgrade to 5.1?
Forum Legend
Message 2402 of 3,020
Message 2402 of 3,020

Re: M2 Dual Lollipop Update

try connecting to Xperia Companion

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Rookie
Message 2403 of 3,020
Message 2403 of 3,020

I already tried it is saying system is already updated but my android version is 4.4.4
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2404 of 3,020
Message 2404 of 3,020

@elmorty wrote:
Hey, iam using m2 dual (D2302 - Android 4.4.4). I heard m2s can upgrade to android 5.1 but i dont see any system upgrades on update center. How can i upgrade to 5.1?

In Sony Mobile Blog is mentioned that Android 5.1 (Lollipop) is rolled out for Xperia M2 Dual, so try to check in Xperi Check first was released in your region/market/country new update, coz how  you can see is not released in all market Lollipop update and numbers for some regions is different neither others in which released Lollipop update. Maybe in your market is not released yet. Also try to see by IMEI in Sony Mobile is new update for you or not. If you will see that number of software version in your market (country/region) is different between with software version which you have in M2, also by IMEI will be written that Lollipop is available for you (if is not released new update in Sony Mobile is written "up to date"), then try contact to Support Center (how i understand you already tried to connect to Xperia Companion and in this application is written mentioned "up to date" information?), but if you will see that in Xperi Check, by IMEI will be the same software version number which you already have that's mean that new update is not available for you yet Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 2405 of 3,020
Message 2405 of 3,020

Your Xperia™ M2 Dual is up to date!
18.3.1.B.1.10
My Android™ information

The availability of wireless software updates depends on your country and/or operator.

No new Android™ version is currently planned for Xperia™ M2 Dual

Android™ 5.1 Lollipop is released for Xperia™ M2 Dual

So cant i upgrade?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2406 of 3,020
Message 2406 of 3,020

@elmorty wrote:

Your Xperia™ M2 Dual is up to date!
18.3.1.B.1.10
My Android™ information

The availability of wireless software updates depends on your country and/or operator.

No new Android™ version is currently planned for Xperia™ M2 Dual

Android™ 5.1 Lollipop is released for Xperia™ M2 Dual

So cant i upgrade?

Your Xperia™ M2 Dual is up to date! 18.3.1.B.1.10 what do you think? Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 2407 of 3,020
Message 2407 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

We will get Android 6.0 Marshmallow in our Z1 C6902
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2408 of 3,020
Message 2408 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@vk1231 wrote:
We will get Android 6.0 Marshmallow in our Z1 C6902

List of devices which REALLY WILL get (got) Marshmallow - Sony Mobile Blog. Any request to update Z1 (or others not listed models) WILL NOT HELPS Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2409 of 3,020
Message 2409 of 3,020

@MrHuy wrote:
Cach nang sony Z1s len 6.0

Google Translator - Use It Slightly smiling Face

Xperia Z1 WILL NOT GET MARSHMALLOW (ANDROID 6.0) - List of devices which will get is in Sony Mobile Blog Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 2410 of 3,020
Message 2410 of 3,020

Z3 Tablet Compact WiFi still no update to Marshmallow

Hi, I have a Z3 Tablet compact WiFi (16GB) which has still not received the android 6.0 update. The update was released early 2016 as far as I can tell, but so far it has not come yet. Also tried hooking it up to my PC with the companion program, but also then nothing happened. Any clue what is going wrong here? Thanks!