account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2381 of 3,021
Message 2381 of 3,021

Software update

When I will update my phone to marshmallow and my phone is Sony xperia c5 ultra...plzz rply
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2382 of 3,021
Message 2382 of 3,021

Re: Software update

@Nitu1 wrote:
When I will update my phone to marshmallow and my phone is Sony xperia c5 ultra...plzz rply

When will be available for you update. Don't ask the same questions which asked others users before, read most posted questions, here you will find all information what you have to know now Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 2383 of 3,021
Message 2383 of 3,021

Cant update Z3+ from 5.0.2

When I try updateing from phone ,it show me no updates avaible ,but when I insert my imei on sony website its show me i can update the baseband (cureent 28.0.A.8.251).

Xperia companion tell me i cant update beacouse bootloader is unlocked.

I was courious if i can update it to Nougat as I read is avaible for z3+ dual ,aiming for camera performance improvement .

Any solution ?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2384 of 3,021
Message 2384 of 3,021

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I have an m5 and have downloaded the new Android 6.0. But now can't access my pics and media. I have turned off. Draw on other apps n force stopped but still not working. Any suggestions. My alternative is to book in to Sony for 8 weeks
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2385 of 3,021
Message 2385 of 3,021

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@Kat19 wrote:
I have an m5 and have downloaded the new Android 6.0. But now can't access my pics and media. I have turned off. Draw on other apps n force stopped but still not working. Any suggestions. My alternative is to book in to Sony for 8 weeks

Did you tried repaired with Xperia Companion? Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2386 of 3,021
Message 2386 of 3,021

Re: Cant update Z3+ from 5.0.2

@ady1266 wrote:

When I try updateing from phone ,it show me no updates avaible ,but when I insert my imei on sony website its show me i can update the baseband (cureent 28.0.A.8.251).

Xperia companion tell me i cant update beacouse bootloader is unlocked.

I was courious if i can update it to Nougat as I read is avaible for z3+ dual ,aiming for camera performance improvement .

Any solution ?

How i understood you rooted your smartphone and void warranty - i don't think that Sony helps you, coz you failed to Sony warnings, directions and ect. don't root your smartphone or you will lose warranty... I'm not good in root things, so sorry, but did you tried to repair with Xperia Companion? Coz sometime repair with Xperia Companion unrooting smartphone (but i'm not sure or this thing works with unlocked bootloader). I think you can try to bring your smartphone to mobile paid service and maybe they can help you, coz you void (i guess) your warranty so free service is closed for you, but this is just my opinion, which can be wrong. I just can say what will be in my country if i root smartphone, even with unlock bootloader which void warranty without, how i know, chance to back warranty Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 2387 of 3,021
Message 2387 of 3,021

my Z5 not getting latest update

Hello,

so it's been few months since I have brought my phone after using some warranty service. I remember corectly that before I deliver the phone it was updated to the latest Marshmallow build available thought I can't remember either it was 6.0 or 6.0.1.  After repairing it they did reset my phone to factory settings of course so now its siting at 5.1.1 for a while.

Did they actually stoped Marshmallow updates now or I'm just missing it? Since as I said before I had 6.0 version before phone repair.

I have tried using Xperia companion also - it says that I have latest sowftare update even thought it is still 5.1.1. Haven't tried software repair but I doubt it will help.

Do I missing something here?

Thanks for replies.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2388 of 3,021
Message 2388 of 3,021

Re: my Z5 not getting latest update

@epro

Just try again with XC (repair the phone) if that doesn't work you can contact your Local support

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2389 of 3,021
Message 2389 of 3,021

Software Upgrade

How do upgrade to Lolipop on my Xperia C3 Dual on the phone its saying system up to date while its still on Android

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2390 of 3,021
Message 2390 of 3,021

Re: Software Upgrade

@warrenmac

Perhaps the update has NOT been released in your country or if your phone is or as locked to a carrier/network branded, perhaps they have not released the update. 

@warrenmac wrote:

How do upgrade to Lolipop on my Xperia C3 Dual on the phone its saying system up to date while its still on Android

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)