account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Emperor
Message 1211 of 3,019
Message 1211 of 3,019

Re: Z3 Compact (D5803) won't update to Marshmallow; PC Companion says it is up to date, but it's not

@tbessie

I don't know the answer to that, this is what I would do 

Flash the global generic firmware with either Flashtool or Xperifirm and don't worry about getting late updates, but that's what I would do.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/593...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 1212 of 3,019
Message 1212 of 3,019

Re: Z3 Compact (D5803) won't update to Marshmallow; PC Companion says it is up to date, but it's not

@uliwooly wrote:

@tbessie

I don't know the answer to that, this is what I would do 

Flash the global generic firmware with either Flashtool or Xperifirm and don't worry about getting late updates, but that's what I would do.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/593...

I would, but I don't want to wipe my phone to do it, which appears what will happen.  I don't like using the various backup/restore methods that exist, as I've never gotten a satisfactory result with those.  If I could force-install the update without wiping the phone, I would do it.

- Tim

Emperor
Message 1213 of 3,019
Message 1213 of 3,019

Re: Z3 D6603 still can't get marshmallow

@giobel

But your phone is or was locked to O2 right? you have to wait for them to approve and release the update not Sony, and it seems that in the UK, updates have to be approved by all major carriers for unlocked phones, before the update can be released. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 1214 of 3,019
Message 1214 of 3,019

@uliwooly

The annoying part is my phone is not branded !!! My phone is Customized UK software. O2 is the LAST operator which not approved update !!! and these guys sleep on it !!! Sony to thank them for that, because I decided to quit their Sony products.

Emperor
Message 1215 of 3,019
Message 1215 of 3,019

@giobel

That seems to be the same for other brands in the UK, using another brand might be the same result, you can check their forums (HTC, LG, Samsung, etc) 

I hope you keep posting on the O2 forum or other carrier/networks forums to have a clear answer as to why they take so long to approve the updates. They probably give priority to network branded phones then SIM free phones, just my opinion. 

Enthusiast
Message 1216 of 3,019
Message 1216 of 3,019

@uliwooly

However the situation is repeated as the Lollipop and I am tired.

Emperor
Message 1217 of 3,019
Message 1217 of 3,019

@giobel

That's how the update process work in the UK, if I was in the UK I would flash my phone with the Nordic or Global Generic 

Enthusiast
Message 1218 of 3,019
Message 1218 of 3,019

@uliwooly

I guess that I had to do, but I hesitated because of the guarantee.What upsets me is that Sony is not involved at all. Vodafone UK has released the update 2 weeks ago. Sony had to impose a deadline. It's their product. As I said, the operators do not lose, lose makerthat is Sony

One time poster
Message 1219 of 3,019
Message 1219 of 3,019

Please help

I am in the UK and habe recently brought a z3 tablet compact that has been confirmed to have marshmallow but my device hasn't picked up the update yet

Emperor
Message 1220 of 3,019
Message 1220 of 3,019

@giobel

I understand what you are saying and from a consumer perspective it makes sense, but I don't think OEMs are in that position to pressure the carrier/networks to release the update.