account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Emperor
Message 1181 of 3,018
Message 1181 of 3,018

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual Android Update

@RockyBalboa

You should go for it, I have the Z5 and the Z5 Premium and it runs great, I would recommend something, do a clean update, which means to delete everything from the phone, since it's a major update it's a wise idea.

This is how I would do it 

Run XC on your computer > update the phone > you will get two options pick the one were nothing gets deleted > once on Marshmallow > run XC > backup > once you are done backing up > repair the device so you can factory reset the phone.

Why all this steps? if you backup your phone now with XC the backup file will only work with Lollipop (Android 5.1.1) not with Marshmallow 6.0.

Also, since I care a lot about not losing any data, I would create a separate backup using the steps at the bottom of this

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 1182 of 3,018
Message 1182 of 3,018

Thank you soo much but what if the google play store and the Touch stops working after the update ??

Emperor
Message 1183 of 3,018
Message 1183 of 3,018

@RockyBalboa

I haven't experience that, you could update the phone and if you experience that, contact your Local support or just wait a while longer, your call.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 1184 of 3,018
Message 1184 of 3,018

Thanks a Lot bro! let me follow the instructions you provided.

Emperor
Message 1185 of 3,018
Message 1185 of 3,018

@RockyBalboa

Anytime, keep us updated. 

Apprentice
Message 1186 of 3,018
Message 1186 of 3,018

Sure will do!  Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 1187 of 3,018
Message 1187 of 3,018

Re: Z3 D6603 still can't get marshmallow

@Stvitaly

You have to wait for the update to be approved and released in your country. In some countries, like in the UK, you have to wait for carrier networks to approve the update even for unlocked devices.

@giobel

This has been asked before on previous updates, like Android IceCreamSandwich, then on Lollipop, there's even a post on this, I'll try to find it and post it. You have two options, either wait for the update or manually update the phone 

@Rangel96

You will have to wait for the update to be approved and released in Portugal or manually update the phone 

@dsrao6946

You have to wait for the update to be approved and released in HK, how did you checked the other markets? 

Learner
Message 1188 of 3,018
Message 1188 of 3,018

Z3 compactmarshmallow(D5833) update not arrived

Hi
I have been looking all over Internet but could not find satisfactory answer about this.
I am having d5833 in india and all xperia z3 compact users have received marshmallow update but for me its showing my phone is up to date but it is still on lollipop.
When i tried to open the sony link that used to show marshmallow version available but from last 4-5 days that web page seems to be deleted or not accessible.

I have not rooted this phone but if not received then should i root and download it from xda ?
Looking forward to hear from you.
Emperor
Message 1189 of 3,018
Message 1189 of 3,018

Re: Z3 compactmarshmallow(D5833) update not arrived

@Utkarsh1

Don't assume that all Z3 Compact users got the update, that's not quite accurate, I understand your frustration but you have 2 options, either wait for the update to be approved and released in your country or manually update the phone with flashtool or xperifirm, it does NOT require to root nor unlock the bootloader. 

Enthusiast
Message 1190 of 3,018
Message 1190 of 3,018

Re: Z3 D6603 still can't get marshmallow

@uliwooly

I read your answer and for other users, I want to answer @CameronT questions of my post. It's supposed from Sony support. I really want to understand. I bought a Sony product and want them to solve my problem or at least give me a reasonable explanation, I do not want some stereotype answers!