account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Enthusiast
Message 1121 of 3,020
Message 1121 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Maybe this year....

Enthusiast
Message 1122 of 3,020
Message 1122 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@viridis

Are you registered on O2 Community forum? Maybe you ask there when they finish marshmallow approved for Z3c. I do not understand why Virgin Mobile and Vodafone already managed and the rest (O2, Three, T-Mobile) have failed.

Message 1123 of 3,020
Message 1123 of 3,020

I have asked, Chris (the software liason) has told the o2 community thread he will update it once testing of mm is complete. It is currently being tested for Z2/3 series.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 1124 of 3,020
Message 1124 of 3,020

Are there any issues if I update my Sony Xperia z2 to marshmallow?

Im wondering what other users of xperia z2 think of new update are there any issues with the marshmallow release I have Xperia z2 D6502 I recently received system update android 6.0 marshmallow version 23.5.A.0.570

Im wondering will I regret it if I update it since I cant rollback without messy reinstallation 

Enthusiast
Message 1125 of 3,020
Message 1125 of 3,020

@viridis

Thanks man. Sony has not given to everyone (operators) at the same time the software? Vodafone and Virgin approved a week ago.

Message 1126 of 3,020
Message 1126 of 3,020

Yes but o2, three & EE not only have to test sonys software, but their own additional content too.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 1127 of 3,020
Message 1127 of 3,020

And because their software is not ready neither customized soft.... Yet when they launched the Z3 series marshmallow were customized versions(Generic)...

One time poster
Message 1128 of 3,020
Message 1128 of 3,020

Still waiting for it for my stock Z2 (unbranded D6503). 

Adept
Message 1129 of 3,020
Message 1129 of 3,020

Marshmellow update

still not recieved any update. What should I do? I live in Karachi, Pakistan. 

One time poster
Message 1130 of 3,020
Message 1130 of 3,020

Lollipop to Marshmallow Problem

My Xperia Z3 says there is no software update available and that my software is up to date however on the site and phone it says 6.0 is available. Why would it not update or why would it be preventing me from updating?