account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2441 of 3,018
593 Views
Message 2441 of 3,018

Re: Update error


@Suz4ever wrote:
I recently updated my Sony Xperia z2 to marshmallow..
I got a notification saying Xperia system update available..
I downloaded and installed it once again.. It showed the same notification again..
Despite several downloads.. The notification just doesn't seem to stop prpping up..
What do I do?

You can simple repair it with Xperia Companion Slightly smiling Face Sometimes simple things helping, just need to try it Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 2442 of 3,018
578 Views
Message 2442 of 3,018

Xperia Z3 (D6653 1288-4394) firmware upgrade to 23.5.A.1.291

Hey there,

 

According to this, it looks like Sony has forgotten my variant of the phone with the latest firmware update.

Usually that wouldn't bother me, but the company I work for had notified me that if I won't upgrade to a version with a security patch of at least 2016-03-01, I won't be able to continue using my corporate account on the phone.

 

Because I like my phone, and really don't want to purchase a new one / ask for a replacement - is there anything you can do to release this update for my specific model?

 

Thanks,

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2443 of 3,018
570 Views
Message 2443 of 3,018

Re: Xperia Z3 (D6653 1288-4394) firmware upgrade to 23.5.A.1.291


@desheh wrote:

Hey there,

 

According to this, it looks like Sony has forgotten my variant of the phone with the latest firmware update.

Usually that wouldn't bother me, but the company I work for had notified me that if I won't upgrade to a version with a security patch of at least 2016-03-01, I won't be able to continue using my corporate account on the phone.

 

Because I like my phone, and really don't want to purchase a new one / ask for a replacement - is there anything you can do to release this update for my specific model?

 

Thanks,


According to your posted information you are from Taiwan, that's right? How i saw in Xperi Check for Taiwan is released only 23.5.A.0.575-R3D update. Coz update release periodically and impossible to say when you personally will get update coz depends your country/region/market and/or operator, i advice you to check information by IMEI in Sony Mobile website, also to check with Xperia Companion application which you will find in Sony Mobile website too and if is not available update yet, be patience and wait. I did not got update too, coz is not released for my market. So need to wait and patience check information Slightly smiling Face

 

By the way it's not smart idea to buy new smartphone only for reason, coz you did not got update yet... If you havn't any issues and problem with your mobile, you love it, be patience and wait... one day will be update and you will get notification about it Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 2444 of 3,018
563 Views
Message 2444 of 3,018

Re: Xperia Z3 (D6653 1288-4394) firmware upgrade to 23.5.A.1.291

You probably missed the part where if I don't update my firmware in the next 30 days, I won't be able to use it with my corporate account (which is about 50% of my phone usage).

Hence, I'll need to get a new phone.

 

If you would've looked at the link I posted, you would've also seen that 23.5.A.1.291 was released for most variants (besides mine and a couple more) a few months ago. Looks to me like Sony forgot this variant, and I want someone from the company to respond on this thread (or I'll have to purchase a new phone, which probably won't be a Sony because they don't release frequent software updates).

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2445 of 3,018
559 Views
Message 2445 of 3,018

Re: Xperia Z3 (D6653 1288-4394) firmware upgrade to 23.5.A.1.291


@desheh wrote:

You probably missed the part where if I don't update my firmware in the next 30 days, I won't be able to use it with my corporate account (which is about 50% of my phone usage).

Hence, I'll need to get a new phone.

 

If you would've looked at the link I posted, you would've also seen that 23.5.A.1.291 was released for most variants (besides mine and a couple more) a few months ago. Looks to me like Sony forgot this variant, and I want someone from the company to respond on this thread (or I'll have to purchase a new phone, which probably won't be a Sony because they don't release frequent software updates).


I did not missed this line, i just can't understand that... How possible that if is not update? It's not normal my opinion Slightly smiling Face I understand that maybe corporate have own rules, but if isn't update how to have it? Sony i'm afraid but don't do special for you update, i'm not sure of course, but that's will be then magic Slightly smiling Face I did not siad that is not released 23.5.A.1.291, i siad is not released for you this update version Slightly smiling Face

 

It's really not smart to think like that: "I'll have to purchase a new phone, which probably won't be a Sony because they don't release frequent software updates" Slightly smiling Face Sony is not guilty that in you corporate is strict rules Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 2446 of 3,018
527 Views
Message 2446 of 3,018

Xperia C4 Dual - E5363 not getting Marshmallow update

Myself using Xperia c4 dual, and I'm not getting Marshmallow update till now. Even though there is space in both device(2gb free space ) and external memory (1gb free space ). But still I'm not getting the update.

And an additional information, I'm in roaming. Will it cost any problem in getting update? Roaming sim is in sim1 slot and home sim is in sim2 slot.
One time poster
Message 2447 of 3,018
609 Views
Message 2447 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

First I used T3 model Sony center replace Xperia z What can I do? I want update
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2448 of 3,018
602 Views
Message 2448 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc


@Gopi2nath7 wrote:
First I used T3 model Sony center replace Xperia z What can I do? I want update

I want Ferrari what can i do? Grinning Face Xperia Z will not get Marshmallow update, Nougat too... You can just to come to terms with the situation or buy newest model which will get or got Marshmallow or Nougat... I'm afraid any requests, threats to buy other manufactor smartphone and ect., will not help - Xperia Z WILL NOT GET UPDATE also others models which aren't in the lists Slightly smiling Face

Regular
Message 2449 of 3,018
467 Views
Message 2449 of 3,018

Updating to android 6.0

As discussed in another thread, I'm having trouble connecting to a pc. Is there any other way I can update to android 6.0?
Forum Legend
Message 2450 of 3,018
453 Views
Message 2450 of 3,018

Re: Updating to android 6.0

settings>about phone>software update

 

but it is really preferable to update via PC. so try to reinstall Xperia companion or use another PC.



________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling