account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Learner
Message 1841 of 3,018
Message 1841 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Sadly.no z1s I could of swore that song said the whole Xperia line would always be upfated
Emperor
Message 1842 of 3,018
Message 1842 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@420rob

Again, this is not evil Sony trying not to update your phone, in this case it is your carrier, contact them, they didn't approved nor invest resources on this phone's update (time and money)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 1843 of 3,018
Message 1843 of 3,018

Good point being it is tmo locked so u are definitely right
Visitor
Message 1844 of 3,018
Message 1844 of 3,018

Hi how to update my c5 ultra to Android 6.0?
One time poster
Message 1845 of 3,018
Message 1845 of 3,018

Android M updated

Hi,

I brought Sony Z5Compact through Telstra. I am looking for Android M updated for the same.

When I contacted Sony, you guys told you released to provider, it’s there decision when to release.

When I ask provider (Telstra) they are telling, Sony not giving bug free firmware on time, so approval is delay.

I am confusing whom to ask now.

In fact my subscription with Telstra, but Telstra offering many brands like, Samsung, HTC, LG, ect…

I choose Sony because I trusted Sony Brand.

Telstra updated all the brand devices with Android M except Sony.

Don’t say other operators approved Android M, except Telstra. Because software update delay due to SONY or Telstra, finally it affect customer who choose Sony brand. If I choose other brands by this time my device with new Firmware.

Sony also needs to take responsibility to support Sony users. Otherwise its big loses for SONY.  

I really fed-up with the process. Even after 5 months of Android M release we are not getting update.

Support Sony lovely customers to support Sony.

Message 1846 of 3,018
Message 1846 of 3,018

Everyone feel disappointed when bought Sony devices like me? If no update in next day I will move to Apple Iphone 6. However, it is better than Sony bullsit. I will notice all people in Texas stop buying Sony phones and write report to Phonearea about Sony devices.
Learner
Message 1847 of 3,018
Message 1847 of 3,018

definitely here in Chile , clarochile not yet released android marshmallow . pesima company , will return to iPhone that keeps your customers up to date on everything. A company like Sony can not trust his prestige in a deplorable company as Claro Chile.
One time poster
Message 1848 of 3,018
Message 1848 of 3,018

When will the software update to Android 6.0

When will the software update to Android 6.0?

How long can you wait?

Genius
Message 1849 of 3,018
Message 1849 of 3,018

Re: When will the software update to Android 6.0

Well, no one actually knows, it's up to Sony and Carriers to decide when to release it. Other Xperia midranges received it so it's just a matter of waiting, perhaps just a bit more of patience.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
One time poster
Message 1850 of 3,018
Message 1850 of 3,018

Mhh my c5 ultra need some soft sugar with marshmallow