account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

One time poster
Message 1341 of 3,017
Message 1341 of 3,017

Z2 update no notification should one download from xperiablog?

Phone was purchased in UK and gifted to me, I live in India. No Marshmallow update notification read. India Sony Support says no help for international purchase.

There is Philippines version available for my model D6503. Should I download this from Xperiablog, it says for file. I would be grateful for your help.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 1342 of 3,017
Message 1342 of 3,017

Re: Z2 update no notification should one download from xperiablog?

Hi RVSCAN,

The Xperia Z2 handset is set to get Marshmallow, however the release of the software is based on the carrier the handset was locked to, they need to accept the update before it can be released.

I would suggest leaving the device as is for a period of time and see if you get the update notification.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 1343 of 3,017
Message 1343 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Change is in the security patch was dated last February and March is new. It also improved battery management.
One time poster
Message 1344 of 3,017
Message 1344 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

My wife had the update on her z3 compact 2 weeks ago. I am still waiting for it on my z3. Why? We live in the Netherlands. SONY, I want my update now! Please....
Inhabitant
Message 1345 of 3,017
Message 1345 of 3,017

O2 carrier update always release late I remember I got update for Lollipop 5.1.1 November last year. Am waiting patiently for Marshmallow for D6503
Enthusiast
Message 1346 of 3,017
Message 1346 of 3,017

About marshmallow update

Dear Sony Concern,

I need some help. I have just purchased xperia z5 dual, which operating is lolipop. Marshmallow update is available ,see in software update. will it be ok if i will update my device to marshmallow. Because everybody saying that problem in marshmallow update.

I just feel tension about fingerprint issue. please clear it..

waiting for your kind reply..

Slightly smiling Face

Adept
Message 1347 of 3,017
Message 1347 of 3,017

Why has the Marshmallow rollout stalled

I've been checking the fwchecker website every week and the regional rollout hasn't moved for weeks. I know I can fash ftf from xda but I'd I'm trying a non root life so would love if the official update would arrive in The UK soon

Emperor
Message 1348 of 3,017
Message 1348 of 3,017

Re: Why has the Marshmallow rollout stalled

@flipside

Same answer as when you asked about Lollipop

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-5-0-When-are-we-getting-Lollipop-Which-Xperia...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 1349 of 3,017
Message 1349 of 3,017

Re: About marshmallow update

@sanchay05

What I suggest you do 

update to Marshmallow OTA > backup everything > repair the phone with XC > since it's a major update it'll be wise to run it twice.

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 1350 of 3,017
Message 1350 of 3,017

Re: About marshmallow update

Thanks for your kind reply.

just one question,that is

I will update my device by xc. but point is which option i will follow;

1.Software Update or

2.Software repair

Please clear it.

Slightly smiling Face