account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Regular
Message 1311 of 3,018
Message 1311 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

A few days ago I updated my Xperia Z3 Compact to USA customized version 23.5A.0.570 downloading the firmware from xperifirm and flashtool, I tried marshmallow 6.0.1 and it's performance is excellent. Yesterday I received the update automatically via OTA to 23.5A.0.575. I'm in Colombia and my operator has not validated beyond Lollipop 5.1. This upgrade path is a way that I suggest those who are still waiting.
Genius
Message 1312 of 3,018
Message 1312 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Apparently the Z3c unlocked for North America/LatAm can install Marshmallow via the PCC. The available version is v.23.5.A.0.575.

I am personally not going to install now, I'll wait the OTA... Just to see if someone complain about it Slightly smiling Face

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Message 1313 of 3,018
Message 1313 of 3,018

Z2 still on Lolipop

Hi,

having an unlocked Z2 I never expected to have to wait so much for theMarshmallows update.

I live in Portugal, Europe, and even the portuguese Sony Xperia site says the most current version for my phone is 6.0.0.

PC companion doesn´t find updates and if I go to definitions ->software update-> update I´m also told my software is up to date.

Do you know whats going wrong?

Thanks!

Rookie
Message 1314 of 3,018
Message 1314 of 3,018

Yet to receive Marshmellow Update

Hello!

So I've come to understand that the Marshmellow update for the Z2 tablet has been out for a couple of weeks now. However I've yet to receive a notification about an update on my device. I've tried opening the update menu and refreshing to check for new updates. Also tried checking for updates on PC Companion. No luck.

Any help is much appreciated for those of us that are still left out. Thanks!

Message 1315 of 3,018
Message 1315 of 3,018

Re: Z2 still on Lolipop

@André_Rangel

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on PC Companion.

To make it more clear for you: it's not about purchase or origin country, it's about a specific character of your mobile/tablet called "customization version". You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info", if you want me to check if this specific customization version has the update released or not I can help you with that.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 1316 of 3,018
Message 1316 of 3,018

Re: Yet to receive Marshmellow Update

@reddevilO7

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on PC Companion.

To make it more clear for you: it's not about purchase or origin country, it's about a specific character of your mobile/tablet called "customization version". You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info", if you want me to check if this specific customization version has the update released or not I can help you with that.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Rookie
Message 1317 of 3,018
Message 1317 of 3,018

Z3v marshmallow?

Any chance at all that this phone will get the android firmware. I know that it just got android 5 and that is great and all but I would like to see android 6 on the phone. I called Verizon and spent like 20 mins or so talking to them and got no where. They are pointing the fingers at sony for not making and sending them an update for this phone. They did try and sell me a Samsung phone and I don't want a Samsung phone. I want a sony phone so that it works with my other things in the house. Is there any plan what so ever to have marshmallow on the z3v? The phone can handle it so I don't see what the problem is. Thanks all.
One time poster
Message 1318 of 3,018
Message 1318 of 3,018

Firmware updates or the lack thereof

I want Marshmallow on my devices NOW. This is not acceptable to leave me vulnerable to the world at large when there are updates and security available from Google.  IF Sony is unable to give us the updates, which will soon include Android N as well, then we will have to switch brands to either Nexus or to Huawei so that we can be assured of timely updates. As much of a Sony fan as I am I cannot further support a company who seems happy not to support me in return.  MARSHMALLOW NOW!!!

Rookie
Message 1319 of 3,018
Message 1319 of 3,018

Thanks Quester. My customization version is 1281-4685-R10C. Please assist me in checking if the update is out for my version.

Thanks again!

Adviser
Message 1320 of 3,018
Message 1320 of 3,018

@Quester

Would appreciate if you could help me with the same request. 

My Base: 8974-AAAAAZQ-00061NP-55 

or is it some different text string you need ?

It is regarding a Xperia Tablet Z2. 

BTW is there anyone in Sweden who has received an Android 6 update 

for this model ?