account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Elite
Message 3 of 2,820
Message 3 of 2,820

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Update: 

As you’ve probably seen Google unveil Android version 6.0; Marshmallow, we’ve seen lots of questions on our upgrade roadmap and plans – so, here goes…

We will make Android 6.0, Marshmallow available for: Xperia Z5, Xperia Z5 Compact, Xperia Z5 Premium, Xperia Z4 Tablet, Xperia Z3+, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia M5, Xperia C5 Ultra, Xperia M4 Aqua and Xperia C4*.

We’ve been working hard to bring this major update to as many of our devices as possible, as quickly as we can. We’re really excited about the new Sony features & functionality and the improvements we’ve made to the user experience – and we’ll be sharing more soon… so stay tuned to the blog and @SonyMobileNews for all the latest news on timings and features.

*Software rollouts are a phased process – timing and availability will vary by market and/or operator. Most models supported but some operator/market exceptions will apply.

Source

This is all we know about Android 6 at the moment.

image00.png

• Xperia Z5,
  • Xperia Z5 Compact,
  • Xperia Z5 Premium,
  • Xperia Z4 Tablet,
  • Xperia Z3+,
  • Xperia Z3,
  • Xperia Z3 Compact,
  • Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact,
  • Xperia Z2,
  • Xperia Z2 Tablet,
  • Xperia M5,
  • Xperia C5 Ultra,
  • Xperia M4 Aqua,
  • Xperia C4.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

2,819 REPLIES
Talent
Message 1 of 2,820
Message 1 of 2,820

Android 6.0 Marshmallow

We will get Android 6.0 Marshmallow in our T3 D5102 ?
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 2,820
Message 2 of 2,820

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow

No one knows this and as we are a user based forum then we have no influence over Sony to acquire this answer plus I doubt even they know yet

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 4 of 2,820
Message 4 of 2,820

Android marmasloww 6 update date

Hi all
When Sony update à Last version of Android 6 marmasloww for z3 compact ?
Any informations ? Date
Thanks
R
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 2,820
Message 5 of 2,820

Re: Android marmasloww 6 update date

Hi and welcome to the community!

Android 6 is not released yet and i currently don't have any information about when an update to Marshmallow will be available and which products that will receive the update. For the latest information on upcoming software updates i recommend that you keep following our blog: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 6 of 2,820
Message 6 of 2,820

What about Android 6

For a Xperia Z2 any update and when????????????????😊
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 2,820
Message 7 of 2,820

Re: What about Android 6

We know as much as you do

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 2,820
Message 8 of 2,820

Android 6.0 for Xperia Z ?

There has been Android 6.0 Dev 3 version, It will soon be released . And will Xperia Z get this update ?

I want new Xperia with illumination bar smile happy
MZO
One time poster
Message 9 of 2,820
Message 9 of 2,820

Sony Xperia Z1 6.0 Marshmallow?

Hello Sony world,

I'd like to know if Xperia Z1 will recieve M update? I'm going to buy this phone for customizations (making ROMs)

I don't really care if it is official or unofficial
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 2,820
Message 10 of 2,820

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 6.0 Marshmallow?

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have any information regarding that. For the latest information about updates, check our product blog under the following link:
http://blogs.sonymobile.com/ 

BR 
Patrik

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.