account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Visitor
Message 2981 of 3,006
Message 2981 of 3,006

No new software for my Z2

Screenshot_٢٠١٩-٠١-٢٤-١٣-٠٤-٤١.png

Translation:

My Z2 device never had any updates till now and I want to know why. Does it need new software?

جهازي z2حتي الان لم ياتي له اي تحديث اريد ان اعرف السبب هل ممكن يكون محتاج سوفت وير

Highlighted
Message 2982 of 3,006
Message 2982 of 3,006

Re: No new software for my Z2

@AZ17

I translated your message into English. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

Updates availability depends on a specific characteristic of your device called "customization version". You can check this version by dialling the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info", then reply your customization version here.

Note: do not include any sensitive personal information within your posts and attachments (like IMEI numbers, email, IP addresses, etc).

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 2983 of 3,006
Message 2983 of 3,006

Can't update Z3 compact

I put the 15 digit number in on the search for updates page and it says check again later, any ideas?

One time poster
Message 2984 of 3,006
Message 2984 of 3,006

software

Hey guys. My Sony Z 2 is running on an old android 4.4.4 kitkat. Can you please help me reach to lollipop or marshmallow? 

One time poster
Message 2985 of 3,006
Message 2985 of 3,006

Is there new software updated for xperia M4 aqua?

I what to update my software ..marsmello is looking slow and old..

Visitor
Message 2986 of 3,006
Message 2986 of 3,006

No Lollipop for Z1s?

Hi there,

Here I'm struggling with an out-of-lifecycle device, namley an Xperia Z1s which I bought secondhand recently. The phone is running Android 4.4.4 still, and I made an attempt to update it to Android 5.0. According to Sony's announcment made in 2015 this one is eligible for Lollipop but no available update shown when checked via the Update Center, no notification shown whatsoever. The installed firmware is 14.4.B.0.56 and as I understand I'd need 14.5.B.0.236. If that matters the phone is T-Mobile US and it operates with a SIM from T-Mobile Hungary (seemingly the phonee has been unlocked by previous owner so I could ).

And I've also tried to search a firmware file of version 14.5.B.0.236 but I was unable to find a sill-working download link and if possible I don't really want to root the device anyway..

Any thoughts or suggestion how could I resolve this minor issue?

Thanks in advance.

Visitor
Message 2987 of 3,006
Message 2987 of 3,006

Re: No Lollipop for Z1s?

Well, I have installed the Sony PC Companion and it immediately shown the update I wanted to install. Guess it is worth to mention here that it shown updates only if checked from the "device test" application, but since it opened the Uodate Center it was still usable to fetch it. 

One time poster
Message 2988 of 3,006
Message 2988 of 3,006

Z3 Tablet Compact Software repair will no complete

The update says that Android version 6 Marshmallow is installed, whereas About tablet lists the software as version 5.1.1.

If Software repair is run, it stops with software repair error after multiple tries.

UEINSTALLATION

CreateProcessW 5

2.4.3.0/

Windows/ 7 SP1 64 bit / Win32 / US / SGP611

23.4.A.1.264

Also Companion reports low storage with ~8 Gb free after factory reset

One time poster
Message 2989 of 3,006
Message 2989 of 3,006

Z2 SGP521 Android Update

Hello I wonder if anyone can help me with updating my Z2 SGP521. I have had this device since 2015 and it is still running android version 4.4.2. Both the tablet and xperia companion, on my, pc say the device is up to date. During a “chat” with a Sony representative he indicated that the latest software is version 6.0. I then emailed Xperia support explaining that I have not received any system updates and their advice was carry out a software repair/re-installation. I had already carried this without success and had stated this in my email. Assuming that this was not noted I have emailed them again for further advice but have not had a response.

Just wondered if any forum members have experienced similar problems and could help?

Rookie
Message 2990 of 3,006
Message 2990 of 3,006

Xperia Z3 D6616 missing android 6.0

Sony, when are you going to Update my Z3 D6616 Phone???   Lots of Companies updated Apps don't work with Android Ver 5.0.2, so we need at least ver 6!!!!  Release it or no more Sony Phones for me!!!

Or do you care what people think of Sony's Phones???

Mitchell

Owner Sony Phone Z3 D6616