account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

K_N
One time poster
Message 2681 of 3,004
Message 2681 of 3,004

sony Xperia za docomo

i have sony za docomo,currently using jellbean  4.2.2 but can not update software to lolypop 5.1.2  on software upgrade screen showing that docmoo signal is unreachable any legit way to update my phone Thanks 

One time poster
Message 2682 of 3,004
Message 2682 of 3,004

C4 OS update

Hi

Did you forget C4 after 6.0 there is no update or bug fixes 

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2683 of 3,004
Message 2683 of 3,004

Re: C4 OS update

@Ray_s wrote:

Hi

Did you forget C4 after 6.0 there is no update or bug fixes 

What do you mean "forget" after Android 6.0? Xperia C4 got Marshmallow, but wasn't planned to update into Nougat, and if you have any problems with your Xperia C4 the first you should try to fix it, it doesn't mean that others C4 users have the same problems, a lot of problems possible to fix without new update, by the way how i know software creating process is expensive thing and if you only have some problems with your device what is point to create new update? And don't forget that for you personally will not be created new update it must be massive problem for all C4 owners Slightly smiling Face

If back to Nougat, I don't know reason why Sony did not updated C4 and C5 (they are similar models and both got Marshmallow) to Nougat, but i'm sure it was serious reason Slightly smiling Face

By the way if you saw bugs and some issues you can post it here, maybe someone will help you, someone have the same problems or had and know how to help you or simple to try to contact with local support Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2684 of 3,004
Message 2684 of 3,004

Re: sony Xperia za docomo

@K_N wrote:

i have sony za docomo,currently using jellbean  4.2.2 but can not update software to lolypop 5.1.2  on software upgrade screen showing that docmoo signal is unreachable any legit way to update my phone Thanks 

Did you tried update with Xperia Companion on yours PC? Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2685 of 3,004
Message 2685 of 3,004

Re: My Sony C4 does not upgrade to Android 6.0

@Pooldevi wrote:

I still do not get in OTA system update message

GT

When you will get update depends your operator and/or country. I advise you the first to check in Xperia Companion on your PC is any new update, second in Sony Mobile website (update section) with your IMEI number is any update and Xpericheck (unofficial) website was released in your region update Slightly smiling Face

Can be some reasons why you did not recieved update yet:

-software wasn't released in your country/region/market,

-yours mobile operator did not prepared software for update (some operator the first release modifies it by theirs, adding some theirs apps and ect., it was in past, so can be the same at these days too) and ect.

Don't forget that in the all wide world there are a lot of Sony users and your models owners, they all waiting for update which coming timing in all market.

If you will see "up to date" in all section (Xperia Companion, Sony Mobile) that's mean that you still should wait untill update will be available for you. Be patience. I did not got update too, coz update it wasn't released yet in my region, but i'm sure update will be available for you and for me one day Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2686 of 3,004
Message 2686 of 3,004

No update to marshmallow on new z3

My old Z3 (D6653) updated to marshmallow but got a new one last week, same model and this one is showing 5.0.2 still and saying there's no update available. Can anyone help with this?

Visitor
Message 2687 of 3,004
Message 2687 of 3,004

I need an update to my Sony Xperia C4 E5333

Hi Sony

My Xperia is Exposed to heat beside the camera and fornt of the screen i think this heat from software of The Cpu please send to C4 E5333 and update to slove this problem 

Message 2688 of 3,004
Message 2688 of 3,004

Android Update

I have acquired a Xperia Z4 Tablet WiFi in Argentina around one month ago, and it's running with Android 5. I have checked on internet that this tablet have received upgrades to Android 6 and 7 long ago, but I don't find them to be avilable at mine. I have contacted Sony of Argentina and the weren't of any help, implying that they have nothing to do with the fact that I am not receiving the upgrade. 

It must be noted that, being the WiFi version and not the LTE, I have no carrier to allow or block the software updates.

I also own a Xperia XZ smartphone which was able to upgrade to Android 7 without any inconveniences. 

When or how will I be able to upgrade the OS of my tablet? Thanks,

Forum Legend
Message 2689 of 3,004
Message 2689 of 3,004

Re: Android Update

have you tried to connect your tab to Xperia Companion?

check this website if your device region did indeed received the update xpericheck.com

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Learner
Message 2690 of 3,004
Message 2690 of 3,004

Hi

Hi I cannot to update to my phone Sony z3plus my updated android version 5.0.2 

Setting -about phone -software update - not found please I need help