account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

One time poster
Message 2611 of 3,006
Message 2611 of 3,006

Update for Z3 model D6643 android 6

When Android 6 for Z3 in Argentina?

GT

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2612 of 3,006
Message 2612 of 3,006

Z5 UPDATE

Hi all,

I have a z5 which I bought last year ( July if I remember correctly). The phone is running android os lollipop.

I have been trying to upgrade the phone to marshmallow to no avail, I have tried using the companion and the program just says that the OS is updated.
My question is does the region ( Im from the Philippines by the way) have any effect on the update rollout? Lollipop is  2 yrs old already and SonyPH here should have rolled software updates for their phones by now.

Thanks guys.

Baqs

Enthusiast
Message 2613 of 3,006
Message 2613 of 3,006

Re: Z5 UPDATE

Hi

First be sure you don't have updates:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/

For getting update your phone can't be rooted or boot loader unlocked.

The best way to repair your device software is flashing your phone.

Call and go to your local support to they flash your phone.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

By flashing your phone get the last version available and also you must get updates at the future. 

Note: By flashing you will loose all your data and accounts.

Good luck

One time poster
Message 2614 of 3,006
Message 2614 of 3,006

software update

how can i update my software to nogat ??
knowin that( says to me "u r in latest update")
and my version is 5.1.1

One time poster
Message 2615 of 3,006
Message 2615 of 3,006

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

please my mobil update

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2616 of 3,006
Message 2616 of 3,006

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@fahad11 wrote:

please my mobil update

Read Uliwolly's post Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2617 of 3,006
Message 2617 of 3,006

Re: software update

@kim0 wrote:

how can i update my software to nogat ??
knowin that( says to me "u r in latest update")
and my version is 5.1.1

To update your smartphone, if is any new update for you, you can with Xperia Companion on PC or straight with your mobile, if you got notification about new available update Slightly smiling Face If we talk about Nougat, depends which Sony model you have? Slightly smiling Face

P.S. Up to date means that any new updates is not available for you yet and you must wait and be patience, when will be you will get notification straight in your smartphone Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2618 of 3,006
Message 2618 of 3,006

@XDevNima wrote:

Hi

First be sure you don't have updates:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/

For getting update your phone can't be rooted or boot loader unlocked.

The best way to repair your device software is flashing your phone.

Call and go to your local support to they flash your phone.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

By flashing your phone get the last version available and also you must get updates at the future. 

Note: By flashing you will loose all your data and accounts.

Good luck

It's not true about repair. To flash is not the best way. Coz to flash need to know how to do that, costumers without knowledge can brick smartphone (for example Xperia C4 and C5 Ultra models impossible to flash with flashtool, which is most time using by Xperia's users, how i know ("C4 and C5 users please do not flash using Flashtool. It will brick the device. M5 users please do use FSC when flashing or it will brick your device." - this text you can find in flashtool website). Best way to repair official, legal and without any breaking rules or warranty is with Xperia Companion it's enought simple and easy, don't mislead users Slightly smiling Face

Second mistake is about local contact - they will not flash your smartphone (it's impossible to do that when you are in other place of earth) and i think they will not say how to do that, coz most popular tool for Xperia which i saw in internet (flashtool) is not Sony product and i think it's not legal way, coz you modifies your smartphone. They only can explain how to repair with Xperia Companion, it's two different things to flash (for example with flashtool) and repair with Xperia Companion (which is official Sony Mobile application for Windows or Mac costumers) Slightly smiling Face

The third mistake in your post is about losing. You will not lose account, after update or repair or flash mobile just lose files, that's mean that you can use your gmail account and further no need to create another, only thing what you need to do after repair, flash or update - you need to log in again, that's all. It's not losing account process. Repair, update or flash will not erase your account. User must have copy of files which is in smartphone memory (usally SD card is not deleting default if user is not mark that) like: music, games or apps (need re-install it, if you got games or apps is not from Google Play you should have .apk file copy of these apps or games), photo and ect. If you synchronized calendar, mail and ect with Google or in Sony Mobile Xperia Companion usally these files and information is not deleted, also if user have Lifelog account (for example signed with Gmail account) information is not lost after repair, update or flash. Most time need to do copy ONLY of files like: music files, games or apps (need to re-install again if these files is not from Google Play need to have .apk file copy of these apps or games), photo or pics, video files and ect. Slightly smiling Face

Your post is not correct Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2619 of 3,006
Message 2619 of 3,006

@baqs wrote:

Hi all,

I have a z5 which I bought last year ( July if I remember correctly). The phone is running android os lollipop.

I have been trying to upgrade the phone to marshmallow to no avail, I have tried using the companion and the program just says that the OS is updated.
My question is does the region ( Im from the Philippines by the way) have any effect on the update rollout? Lollipop is  2 yrs old already and SonyPH here should have rolled software updates for their phones by now.

Thanks guys.

Baqs

Of course region is very important, as Sony wrote when you will get update depends your country and/or operator, so how you can see region, market and country is doing big effect for time when will be available for you update. If say true it's hard to say when will be available for you update, as i mentioned it's depends market and ect. But don't worry when will be you must get notification straight in your mobile, in Xperia Companion (by the way have the latest version of this application) you will see too information about that. You can check information with you IMEI number in Sony Mobile website (go to support section, choose your smartphone model and go to update section and then post your IMEI number and you will see information about update), also don't forget and futher check with Xperia Companion and try go to XperiCheck website (it's not Sony's website (how i know)), but here you can see in which region released update,  by the way after some update of this website i saw that some models gone from the list, so i hope you will find yours model, coz i can't find mine already) Slightly smiling Face

By the way previous user advised you to flash smartphone, i don't advise you to do that, even if you don't know how to do that (doing first time), coz you can brick smartphone, after that you will have big problems, also don't forget full responsibility you taking yourself , so if you still decide to flash without waiting for official update which is support for you, the first try to read how much more about flashing right information, it's not so simple everything like is with Xperia Companion Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 2620 of 3,006
Message 2620 of 3,006

we marshmallow update even for all xperia devices. i want to have marshmallow update on xperia t2 ultra.all other phone companies are doing better in android updates . but sony is forgetting about the some of xperia devices which are also compactabile to the latest softwares