account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2521 of 3,017
Message 2521 of 3,017

Re: Z Ultra Marshmallow update

@Laguna wrote:
I have two Z Ultra's. Does it planned to Marshmallow update?
Sony maked masterpiece device of the ten years, but without update device life not so good. One of Ultra's i still use behind 4.4.4 for light access to mobile data switch and others, because 5.1.1 really sad me.
Sony don't offer device better than Z Ultra, and don't offer updates. It's not good politics, i'v mean...;(

Check list before you give feedback about update process and try to understand that some models are too old for newest updates. Smartphone will works bad. You will be much more sad neither now. And it doesn't matter that these models was High - End at that time. Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2522 of 3,017
Message 2522 of 3,017

Re: Upgrading to lollipop or marshmellow

@Sheazya wrote:
Hello everybody, I have an xperia z2 with android kitkat 4.4.2 and I don't really know how to upgrade it to lollipop or marshmellow and I am seeking for help, please if anybody knows something about this topic tell me

Try with Xperia Companion Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2523 of 3,017
Message 2523 of 3,017

Re: M4 aqua marshmallow update,

@Judam4aqua wrote:
I've seen that marshmallow is now available in the UK for the m4 aqua, im still on lollipop and when type my phones imei number into the Sony website it says my phone is up to date, any ideas why this may be???

That's mean that new update is not available for you - need to wait untill will be and be patience Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 2524 of 3,017
Message 2524 of 3,017

Marshmallow

Please help know is there marshmallow firmware for z1 

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2525 of 3,017
Message 2525 of 3,017

Re: Marshmallow

@Adhamsalem wrote:

Please help know is there marshmallow firmware for z1 

Z1 will not get Marshmallow and any requests will not help, i'm afraid... You must understand that Z1 is too old for Marshmallow or Nougat and yours smartphone can work unduly Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 2526 of 3,017
Message 2526 of 3,017

Try to understand about (this is not only my mean) about bad politic decisions of Sony. Sony HAVE NOT Hi-End devices now. All models is no more than garbage. I highly regret buying X Perfomance. It's not perfomance. And try to understand, that old rooted devices works fine  with Android 6.0.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2527 of 3,017
Message 2527 of 3,017

@Laguna wrote:

Try to understand about (this is not only my mean) about bad politic decisions of Sony. Sony HAVE NOT Hi-End devices now. All models is no more than garbage. I highly regret buying X Perfomance. It's not perfomance, it's a piece of **bleep**. And try to understand, that old rooted devices works fine  with Android 6.0.

Every human have personal opinion, but it doesn't mean that it right. My opinion Sony is the best manufactor in technology section, your opinion isn't...  By the way try to calm down and say opinion without emotions like now you are, even vulgar words. And all the time remeber: which is popular it doesn't mean - good, like good it doesn't mean that popular Slightly smiling Face

Also you mentioned X Performance, can you say why you think that this model is not good? Why you think Sony don't creating High - End models anymore? My opinion XZ Premium looks amazing, even slow motion feature... Also Sony always was impressive quality manufactor from 90's until now all knows that... Strange is yours discontent Slightly smiling Face I didn't heard about exploded Sony models, i checked some lists from different experts about most defective smartphones, but i didn't found in these lists Sony name, only some Chines models and Samsung, even popular Samsung models... Strange that you think about Sony like that... Samsung buying cams lens from Sony (and others manufactors), how i know will buy and battery after exploded some Samsung models... I think all market situation show us which company is the best manufactor right now, yes i'm talking about Sony Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 2528 of 3,017
Message 2528 of 3,017

Marshmallow update

When wiil be the marshmallow update for sony xperia c5 ultra avalilable in india.

Message 2529 of 3,017
Message 2529 of 3,017

Re: Marshmallow update

Hello @Avishek_jaiswal and welcome to the community!

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 2530 of 3,017
Message 2530 of 3,017

Marshmallow

I wanna to upgrade to Marshmallow