account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2411 of 3,020
Message 2411 of 3,020

Re: Z3 Tablet Compact WiFi still no update to Marshmallow

@StephanK wrote:
Hi, I have a Z3 Tablet compact WiFi (16GB) which has still not received the android 6.0 update. The update was released early 2016 as far as I can tell, but so far it has not come yet. Also tried hooking it up to my PC with the companion program, but also then nothing happened. Any clue what is going wrong here? Thanks!

Write your model name in Xperi Check to check was released for your market/region/country Marshmallow update, also check in Sony Mobile by IMEI is available for you new update. It's up to day - mean that need to wait and be patience. Update releasing in different countries/market/regions at different time, so if you did not got update, need to wait. If in Xperi Check and even by IMEI you will see that update new is available for you, but in Xperia Companion you can't still update, contact with Sony Mobile Support Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 2412 of 3,020
Message 2412 of 3,020

Where are the security patches?

No Android N... That's annoying, but no more security patches since May 2016?
Sony, you are responsible for the device security! Google just released a big security patch, but we never received the last ones.
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2413 of 3,020
Message 2413 of 3,020

Re: Where are the security patches?

@Foobar73 wrote:
No Android N... That's annoying, but no more security patches since May 2016?
Sony, you are responsible for the device security! Google just released a big security patch, but we never received the last ones.

Did you saw list of devices in Sony Mobile Blog which will get Nougat? See it. You'll be suprised Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 2414 of 3,020
Message 2414 of 3,020

Re: Where are the security patches?

@Foobar73

I don't understand you, you have posted this info back in November 2016

@Foobar73 wrote:
New compatibility guidelines from Google for Android N - Vulkan not necessary!
Google realesed the compatibility guidelines for Android N and Vulkan is not an must!
So can we expect Android N for the Z3C? Sony said, that this is the reason why the Z3C will not get Android N.

Greetings,
Marc

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2415 of 3,020
Message 2415 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Why no update 6.0 for my sony xperia e2312 at Malaysia
One time poster
Message 2416 of 3,020
Message 2416 of 3,020

Update software

Is there upgrade for z3 com to nougat or the update was stop only get marshmellow?
One time poster
Message 2417 of 3,020
Message 2417 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I own a expensive Sony XPERIA Z4 and I'm waiting now allmost 1 Year to at least a software update.

Android 6 or better to Version 7.

But Sony is not moving, im really said about that.

Hello Sony where is your responsibility about the security of your manufactured devices? Goolge has shipped there new releases of Android out 6 since very long time and 7 is not young any more.

There is also a comercial on your Sony webside about Android , looks for non sony owning customer you are very engaged to pleas you cutomer, but I'm not pleased im terrified about the missing security upgrades, and therfore also the missing Android Upgrade!

Now the security holes are described and open to attack our not updated devices and we can't do any thing to get the support from you. Is it all you can do sale a device and forget the customer?

Sony is it nescessary to by to twice, possible for an upgrade? If relly nescessary i would spend a little to get a secure device back but actual statet is not durable.

Any one else who thinks the same?

To the end, the hardware is great the Supprt is also great to talk to customer but there is no real action behind. Support acts as Firewall. :-(

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2418 of 3,020
Message 2418 of 3,020

@SHAH92 wrote:
Why no update 6.0 for my sony xperia e2312 at Malaysia

Update release at different times in different places, when will be update available for you impossible to say, coz depends your country/region/market or/and operator. Check always information in Sony Mobile by IMEI, also you can check in Xperi Check in which market/countries/region released update, also to check is update available for you, you can with Xperia Companion.  Don't forget when update will be available for you, you will get notification Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2419 of 3,020
Message 2419 of 3,020

Re: Update software

@Chrl wrote:
Is there upgrade for z3 com to nougat or the update was stop only get marshmellow?

The first you are in Marshmallow section, second did you saw list of devices which will get Nougat? List you can find in Sony Mobile Blog Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2420 of 3,020
Message 2420 of 3,020

@Sonato wrote:

I own a expensive Sony XPERIA Z4 and I'm waiting now allmost 1 Year to at least a software update.

Android 6 or better to Version 7.

But Sony is not moving, im really said about that.

Hello Sony where is your responsibility about the security of your manufactured devices? Goolge has shipped there new releases of Android out 6 since very long time and 7 is not young any more.

There is also a comercial on your Sony webside about Android , looks for non sony owning customer you are very engaged to pleas you cutomer, but I'm not pleased im terrified about the missing security upgrades, and therfore also the missing Android Upgrade!

Now the security holes are described and open to attack our not updated devices and we can't do any thing to get the support from you. Is it all you can do sale a device and forget the customer?

Sony is it nescessary to by to twice, possible for an upgrade? If relly nescessary i would spend a little to get a secure device back but actual statet is not durable.

Any one else who thinks the same?

To the end, the hardware is great the Supprt is also great to talk to customer but there is no real action behind. Support acts as Firewall. :-(

Did you saw list of devices which will get Marshmallow and Nougat? List you can find in Sony Mobile Blog Slightly smiling Face