account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 2391 of 3,021
Message 2391 of 3,021

Re: my Z5 not getting latest update

@uliwooly wrote:

@epro

Just try again with XC (repair the phone) if that doesn't work you can contact your Local support

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

So I did tried repair tool and it didn't worked - now it shows same version as before 5.1.1. So the only option left i guess is contacting local support?

I still can't understand could they actually lock it or something while fixing?

Commissioner
Message 2392 of 3,021
Message 2392 of 3,021

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I do hope Sony rep read this support forum. I really wonder why Sony Mobile SG refuse to update Z5 for Singapore Xperia owners. We were the only country in the world that are stuck at .235 whereas everyone has already moved on. Xperia XZ received their Nougat before yearend so there is no question about delays from telcos. I wrote on their FB page and got no respond. No doubt Singapore do not yield a lot of owners but it is still Sony's name at stake. Really hope that someone help in this matter. Thanks.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2393 of 3,021
Message 2393 of 3,021

Can't Upgrade to 6.0.1 after Factory Reset

Few days ago my Xperia C5 Dual Android Version was 6.0.1 and I could move apps to SD Card without having the device rooted before I finally performed factory reset for some technical reason.

Now after the reset, my device's android version is 6.0 (downgraded) and I can't move apps to SD card. I also can't Upgrade to 6.0.1 via Xperia Companion (written "up to date") and can't even perform Software Repair with that app.

I don't know what else to try since I've done so many factory reset/format SD card/software update/software repair/pressing physical reset button after that.

What else should I try beside bring it to service center? Is there any new technical explanation about the happened error?
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2394 of 3,021
Message 2394 of 3,021

Re: Can't Upgrade to 6.0.1 after Factory Reset

how did you upgrade to 6.0.1 in the first place? was it via flashing or Xperia companion?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2395 of 3,021
Message 2395 of 3,021

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Hello Sony world,

I'd like to know if Xperia C3 Dual D2502 will recieve M update? Why do not support at least 3G ?

Thanks again for your help
Please update M and 4G
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2396 of 3,021
Message 2396 of 3,021

Re: Xperia Z3 not turning on or charging

My phone is not updated??!!!! Dawlod ed but not installed?!
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2397 of 3,021
Message 2397 of 3,021

Re: Xperia Z3 not turning on or charging

Hi @Ms50,

Welcome to the community. I am not sure what you mean sorry, could you please elaborate?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2398 of 3,021
Message 2398 of 3,021

@Suhaib1 wrote:
Hello Sony world,

I'd like to know if Xperia C3 Dual D2502 will recieve M update? Why do not support at least 3G ?

Thanks again for your help
Please update M and 4G

Did you check Sony Mobile Blog ? In this blog is list of Xperia devices which will get (or got) Marshmallow (Android M) update Slightly smiling Face

What you mean is not support 3G in Xperia C3 Dual? Xperia C3 Dual have 3G support... About 4G... 4G is not updating, giving and ect., with new software update Slightly smiling Face What is 4G read in Wikipedia Slightly smiling Face About update to Android M (Marshmallow)... i'm afraid will not helps any request to do that with yours Xperia C3 Dual Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2399 of 3,021
Message 2399 of 3,021

DO NOT UPDATE TO MARSHMALLOW

Marshmallow Update Problems:

1. Phone overheats
2. LAGGY PHONE leads to phone Freeze
3. BATTERY Drains faster
4. Setting always shut down problem
5. Cant lock phone because of number 4

Honestly, upgrading my phone to marshmallow was a miatake.. I cant use my Sony Phone of this stupid upgrade.

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 2400 of 3,021
Message 2400 of 3,021

Re: DO NOT UPDATE TO MARSHMALLOW

Downgrade.
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.