account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2341 of 3,017
Message 2341 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@Mohammad4441 wrote:
When will I get update for xperia ion lt28h.I'm in jellybean now.don't even have 4 g support

Xperia ION will not get Marshmallow, 4G is not giving with software update Slightly smiling Face More about update read most posted questions, link address is in signature my Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2342 of 3,017
Message 2342 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@Mohammad4441 wrote:
Too much Price.. Not even getting updates from years..Sony think once aabout your customers

"Too much Price..." of what? Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2343 of 3,017
Message 2343 of 3,017

Xperia C4 should get Android 6.0.1 with new security patches.

The Xperia C4 only got 6.0 Marshmallow. Mine has July 1 security patches. But it should get 6.0.1 with new security patches such as October or November patches. Even if it doesn' get 6.0.1 that's okay but it should get new security patches as security is really important. Come on Sony do this.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2344 of 3,017
Message 2344 of 3,017

Re: Xperia C4 should get Android 6.0.1 with new security patches.

@Arafat_AAK wrote:

The Xperia C4 only got 6.0 Marshmallow. Mine has July 1 security patches. But it should get 6.0.1 with new security patches such as October or November patches. Even if it doesn' get 6.0.1 that's okay but it should get new security patches as security is really important. Come on Sony do this.

Somebody did not got Marshmallow altogether, so maybe let's start solve this first Slightly smiling Face Patch of November, December... If you want security try antivirus Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 2345 of 3,017
Message 2345 of 3,017

How can I upgrade to Android 6.0?

Hi, 

I bought this phone 1 or 2 weeks ago,  The thing is I want to upgrade my phone to Android 6.0 but I cant, I check the updates but appears a message saying that my phone has the last software (Lollipop) 

Please help!

Emperor
Message 2346 of 3,017
Message 2346 of 3,017

Re: How can I upgrade to Android 6.0?

@JuanCarlosJo

Simple, either it hasn't been released/approved in your country/region and/or your carrier network hasn't approved it.

Check with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 2347 of 3,017
Message 2347 of 3,017

SONY XPERIA Z3 Compact no se actualiza.

SONY's Support tells me that my XPERIA Z3 Compact can not be upgraded from 4.4.4 to 6.0.1. "Because it is not from the European market" ... Is it not plurinational? Is my Xperia of inferior quality in terms of hardware?
Very disappointed with my favorite brand.

People should know!

Regular
Message 2348 of 3,017
Message 2348 of 3,017

Future Firmware Updates?

Currently running .291

Will there be any future updates, with new Google security patches?

Visitor
Message 2349 of 3,017
Message 2349 of 3,017

Hello! Why not updated the xperia z1? The phone works badly. I was disappointed in Sony.

Message 2350 of 3,017
Message 2350 of 3,017

Because it's old now and updating it will make it slow and stutter all over the place.. Then you'd be disappointed.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.