account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2331 of 3,018
Message 2331 of 3,018

Re: Update .305 Z5P

You can go to xpericheck.com and see if the firmware is already available to your phone, or try Xperia Companion, in my case I could update using Companion.

PS.

You are not missing anything interesting with .305 is pretty much just an August security patch, and a new feature called charging optimization.

The complete list includes:

– The latest security enhancements included
– All of our latest bug fixes and improvements
– Audio volume enhanced in notifications and ringtones
– Improved handling of Bluetooth connected devices

Visitor
Message 2332 of 3,018
Message 2332 of 3,018

Thank u Will_CR,

I bought mine on Ebay and it's the Singapore version.On xpericheck results .253 as the latest update.

Im asking as all carriers already got the .305 .

It taking too long.Slightly frowning Face(

Rookie
Message 2333 of 3,018
Message 2333 of 3,018

Nougat

Any ideas of when the updated OS is occuring ?

Rookie
Message 2334 of 3,018
Message 2334 of 3,018

I have the Z5 Premium Dual (E6883), with Singapore as the region and, as you wrote, every carrier for this model has updated except Singapore. I am hoping someone from Singapore on this forum can explain the delay, which seems exceptional.

Visitor
Message 2335 of 3,018
Message 2335 of 3,018

I have the Singapore version too.

Slightly frowning Face(

Inhabitant
Message 2336 of 3,018
Message 2336 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Check http://www.xperiablog.net to find something on. 305

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2337 of 3,018
Message 2337 of 3,018

Re: Nougat

@espooner wrote:

Any ideas of when the updated OS is occuring ?

@MikeU wrote:

I have the Z5 Premium Dual (E6883), with Singapore as the region and, as you wrote, every carrier for this model has updated except Singapore. I am hoping someone from Singapore on this forum can explain the delay, which seems exceptional.

@sdsdsdsfs wrote:

I have the Singapore version too.

Slightly frowning Face(

When you personally will get update depends your operator/or country, if you did not got Marshmallow update, it's possible that update is not available for you yet. Read https://goo.gl/5mVnxF most posted questions for more information Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 2338 of 3,018
Message 2338 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

When will I get update for xperia ion lt28h.I'm in jellybean now.don't even have 4 g support
Visitor
Message 2339 of 3,018
Message 2339 of 3,018

Too much Price.. Not even getting updates from years..Sony think once aabout your customers
Message 2340 of 3,018
Message 2340 of 3,018

Software updates won't add 4G functionality, it just doesn't work like that. Also I believe Xperia ion is end of life now so won't recieve any further updates or repair installations using companion software.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.