account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Learner
Message 2041 of 3,019
Message 2041 of 3,019

Why can't i update my xperia z2 to android 6.

I recently tried to update my xperia z2 to android 6 and i couldn't. I tried via smartphone and pc app. Why i ask is because on website they said that android 6 is shared for xperias z2 also my friend got update for his x z2.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2042 of 3,019
Message 2042 of 3,019

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@YoGem wrote:
@euphorics, just to warn you... My C5 got Marshmallow and have been a nightmare. Be ready to do a software repair, everything was a mess...

... Plus, be ready to remove lot and lot of bloatware!

Thanks for opinion. I created tft file of Lollipop 5.1 at last yesterday, so easily i can flash to my region 5.1 version (which found in xperifirm). Anyway is not released Marshmallow for my region, so is not need to worry about that yet, i still can't update yet Slightly smiling Face

By the way, YoGem, did i understood u right? Are u already updated your C5 Ultra into Marshmallow? Can u then write which issues u found? Thanks in advance Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2043 of 3,019
Message 2043 of 3,019

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@Chin007 wrote:

What is the size of marshmallow update for xperia C4 dual?

I don't know for which version of C4 u need size, also for which country or region. For example: Xperia™ C4 Dual (E5363) India for which released Marshmallow size (is not expended file) by xperifirm size is about 1.6 GB, Xperia™ C4 (E5353) Australia Marshmallow size is (is not expended file too) by xperifirm 1.49GB and ect. All sizes of Marshmallow software for C4 model's all versions by xperifirm is similar 1.5GB, for one little bigger, for others little less Slightly smiling Face U can easily to check file size in xperifirm app for PC Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2044 of 3,019
Message 2044 of 3,019

Re: Why can't i update my xperia z2 to android 6.

@xWOYO wrote:

I recently tried to update my xperia z2 to android 6 and i couldn't. I tried via smartphone and pc app. Why i ask is because on website they said that android 6 is shared for xperias z2 also my friend got update for his x z2.

Did i understood u right, u checked in Sony Mobile page by IMEI http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz2/software/ and in this website showing that for your Z2 is released Marshmallow, the same is with Xperia Companion after u connected via USB cable, it's up message that u got Marshmallow update? Or u asking coz u did not got these messages, but u saw list of devices for which Marshmallow is planned to update and for this reason asked?

Learner
Message 2045 of 3,019
Message 2045 of 3,019

Z5 Premium dual , I can't update my phone to marshmallow

Hello Dear

I have problem

i can't update my Xperia Z5 Premium Dual (E6833) to android marshmallow

Also, I used Sony PC Companion and Xepria Companion , but same problem ,programs give me message up to dated device 

last android version on my xperia is Andriod Lollipop

please help to solve this problem

Sony Xperia Support
Message 2046 of 3,019
Message 2046 of 3,019

Re: Z5 Premium dual , I can't update my phone to marshmallow

Hi,

I checked the IMEI-number you have registered with us and it seems the phone you have is a demo unit not meant for sales. Did you buy this phone in a store or was it given to you?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 2047 of 3,019
Message 2047 of 3,019

Re: Z5 Premium dual , I can't update my phone to marshmallow

Can you go to https://xpericheck.com and check your device version?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 2048 of 3,019
Message 2048 of 3,019

Hello! me too have this problem. I have Xperia Z2. When i go to http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz2/software/# and write my no imei i see this message:

Your Xperia™ Z2 is up to date!

23.4.A.1.264
My Android™ information

The availability of wireless software updates depends on your country and/or operator.

No new Android™ version is currently planned for Xperia™ Z2

Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow is released for Xperia™ Z2

So when I can update my xperia to android 6.0 ??

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2049 of 3,019
Message 2049 of 3,019

@xWOYO wrote:
I did That witam imei an IT was said That i haev nawet soft and underneath info That android 6 is avaliable for z2

When u connecting your Z2 with Xperia Companion what do u see text "it's up to date" or that is new update? Slightly smiling Face Also write from which region u are and which Z2 model version u have? Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2050 of 3,019
Message 2050 of 3,019

@marios89 wrote:

Hello! me too have this problem. I have Xperia Z2. When i go to http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz2/software/# and write my no imei i see this message:

Your Xperia™ Z2 is up to date!

23.4.A.1.264
My Android™ information

The availability of wireless software updates depends on your country and/or operator.

No new Android™ version is currently planned for Xperia™ Z2

Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow is released for Xperia™ Z2

So when I can update my xperia to android 6.0 ??

"Your Xperia™ Z2 is up to date!" - means that for you is not released Marshmallow and u must wait... Slightly smiling Face I'm waiting for my region Marshmallow update too (for C5 Ultra smartphone), so it doesn't matter that for Z2 released in others region update, but is not release for you. Text "The availability of wireless software updates depends on your country and/or operator" mean that software update releasing in others region in defferent time. U can check xpericheck.com website where is posting which version for which region is out and ect Slightly smiling Face So this way u will see like and by IMEI, is for your region and model software or not. Personality for every users impossible to say when will be software, coz how u found every software release date depends by countries and/or operators Slightly smiling Face