account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1911 of 3,018
Message 1911 of 3,018

Sony is no more a brand we trust for

This has happened many times being a Sony customer I have been disappointed every now and then. Sony just launches the product and doesn't support it. We just have hope to get supported but it never supports. Devices are getting android 7 but we Indian customers are just waiting for Android 6 for Xperia c5 ultra. Jio has given the supported devices and I can find only a few latest devices from Sony where as other brands have large number of supported devices. This would be my last device from Sony. Customers from India come together to boycott his product to make Sony know that whatever it is is just because of we customers.
Emperor
Message 1912 of 3,018
Message 1912 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@AndreiGhinescu  @Wg1

If you want to manually update your phone

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/593...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 1913 of 3,018
Message 1913 of 3,018

Re: Spanish update (Stamina returns)

@Alexttss

Where did you bought this phone? was the phone at any point locked to a carrier/SIM locked?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 1914 of 3,018
Message 1914 of 3,018

Can't update!!!

Can't update for new Android marshmallow, please help?
Forum Legend
Message 1915 of 3,018
Message 1915 of 3,018

Re: Can't update!!!

can you tell us what problem are you experiencing>?

is your device locked to a network?

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1916 of 3,018
Message 1916 of 3,018

Sony Xperia C5 Ultra (Dual) Update To Marshmallow release date

Hi, most of planned Xperia device got Marshmallow update, but in this device list still isn't Xperia C5 Ultra Dual. When will get Xperia C5 Ultra Dual Marshmallow update? I'm tired to wait, i think most of us tired too...

Genius
Message 1917 of 3,018
Message 1917 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

1st thing 1st: I don't work for Sony and everything am going to say is just my idea not Sony.

Due the fact that the M5 is suffering many issues after marshmallow there may be a slim chance that the MTK Chipset is having few issues with this software upgrade. I believe that Sony is still testing and tweaking configurations to avoid problems with the C5 and probably the day that the C5 will receive marshmallow will be the same day that the M5 will receive a possible bug fix update.

Bear with us, we are all on the same boat and receiving a bad software update is not nice. Better to wait a bit more to get a stable release rather than then cursing against Sony for a rushed and bugged release.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Learner
Message 1918 of 3,018
Message 1918 of 3,018

Hi guys. Is anyone there knows how to manually update or upgrade Xperia z1? Thanks
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1919 of 3,018
Message 1919 of 3,018

YoGem, i'm agree with u, that better to wait and solve all bugs, but Sony had a lot of time to test and solve all bugs. In market coming Nougat, but C5 still stuck on Marshmallow.
One time poster
Message 1920 of 3,018
Message 1920 of 3,018

At the moment ( September 5, 2016 ) in Greece we still have not recieved the marshmallow update for M5 devices. It's actually tragic that Sony is so far behind of other companies. Most brand names are already on Marshmallow and are waiting for Nougat....yet Sony has still not given us a decent Marshmallow update   Face with Steam from Nose

What is even worse is that reading reviews from other countries who actually got the update....its even worse to discover that after such a long wait for this update, the software is so poor that it still has bugs concerning various issues eg. MTK processors etc.

Quite a slap in the face!

Honestly Sony get your act together. Maybe less new phone releases and some more support!!!!