account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 1881 of 3,021
Message 1881 of 3,021

Re: Marshmallow update

@sumantaadk

If you unlock the bootloader it will, if you flash a different firmware, you will have to either flash the phone or wait for the update to be released for the new region/firmware.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Message 1882 of 3,021
Message 1882 of 3,021

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Just bought my wife a yellow Z5 compact and was assuming that Marshmallow would be available already in the UK, but can't seem to find a way to get the update, or even force it within "about phone". The Companion app tells me it's up to date when clearly it isn't. Any ideas? Do you just have to give it time?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1883 of 3,021
Message 1883 of 3,021

Android Marshmallow (Android 6.0) new features

please update new andoid version for sony xperia c5 ultra dual phone 

Learner
Message 1884 of 3,021
Message 1884 of 3,021

6.0 update for european Z2 tablet

Does anyone have any info when will that update finally role out to european tablets? From what i've seen, we've just been dumped from 7.0, but obviously us on 5.1 really didn't expect to get that far anyway.

Highlighted
Message 1885 of 3,021
Message 1885 of 3,021

Z5 Compact doesn't seem to be able to update

My wife bought a refurbed yellow compact from Giffgaff (seemed like a good deal) the other day, and while it's working OK, as a previous android user myself coming from Nexus devicesI always view updating them as quite important for security and bug fixes. The Compact itself works well (although boy these things get hot) but I can't seem to find a way to get it to update to Marshmallow, which I believe rolled out earlier this year in the UK.

I've tried OTA and wired to Sony's app but nothing gives. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1886 of 3,021
Message 1886 of 3,021

M4 Aqua Dual - Marshmallow Update

As announced in July, the Marshmallow-Update for the M4 Aqua is finally released - with the Build No 26.3.B.0.131

I have received an E-Mail by Sony MySupport-Service that the Update is availiable for my phone now (M4 Aqua Dual). But if I check the Update Status in "Xperia Companion" it says that my phone has the newest Version installed (26.1.B.3.109).

The same in "MySupport" online. When and how can I get the Update finally?

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 1887 of 3,021
Message 1887 of 3,021

Re: M4 Aqua Dual - Marshmallow Update

@andiq

settings > about phone > update check if it's available OTA, btw is your phone network locked/SIM locked?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1888 of 3,021
Message 1888 of 3,021

Re: M4 Aqua Dual - Marshmallow Update

@uliwooly wrote:

@andiq

settings > about phone > update check if it's available OTA, btw is your phone network locked/SIM locked?

I've already checked OTA-Updates several times. It's the same as with Xperia Companion: "You have the newest Firmware". My phone isn't SIM- oder Network-locked. But it's an imported phone from France because the M4 Aqua Dual is not available in Germany regularly. But it's an European Phone Kit with German Support and German Warranty and registered with Sony Support.

Maybe that's the reason?

Highlighted
Genius
Message 1889 of 3,021
Message 1889 of 3,021

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@Jakefrederyk wrote:
For Xperia z1 when?

It's won't. Xperia Z1 reached EOL/EOS, also at the beginning of this thread you can read the devices that will get Marshmallow.

Sorry Slightly frowning Face

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1890 of 3,021
Message 1890 of 3,021

Cannot update Z3C - tells me the software is up to date after failing update

Bit stuck here.

I get a notification on my Z3 Compact that there is an update available, which it downloads and attempts to install. It boots back into recovery mode but then does nothing. After booting the phone back up, I go to settings>about phone>software update and it says the software is up to date. But I'm still stuck on 5.0.2 in the about phone. I have also tried updating through the pc companion software but it also says that the phone is up to date.

What's going on?!