account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1771 of 3,017
Message 1771 of 3,017

Xperia M4 Aqua Marshmallow Update Questions

I'll buy a M4 Aqua by 20th August. (I'll buy from the US) So if a buy a M4 Aqua, will I get the Marshmallow version in the store (by 20th Aug.) Or I will get the Lollipop version and then I'll have to update in manually to Marshmallow?

If the answer is manually update, then please I request Sony that make M4 Aqua with Marshmallow and then launch in the market. I'm seeing many issues after the update. I don't wanna harm my new phone.

Apprentice
Message 1772 of 3,017
Message 1772 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@Arafat_AAk: I think you should stop buying Xperia M4 because 8G memory is not enough and there are several issues with this device. I can make sure that your phone won't update to Android 7.0 to fix issues remaining. I suggest some other brands like Xiaomi or Nexus. It is more better.
Visitor
Message 1773 of 3,017
Message 1773 of 3,017

Sony xperia Z2 6.0.1 update in Czech Republic

When will be the update in Czech republic? I have the Z2 6503 and updates anywhere. Total It annoys me , wait for something that a lot of people already in the phone runs. Thanks for your response, your customer from Czech

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1774 of 3,017
Message 1774 of 3,017

Re: Sony xperia Z2 6.0.1 update in Czech Republic

Hi @wallysz,

Welcome to the community.

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm specific date for any particular firmware release due to the nature of the approval process. If there is a particular update you are wanting to update to, it may not be available for your exact handset.

As the updates are customised by multiple parties before being released, updates can become available for one handset before another handset, even if they are both the same model, if they have a difference region of origin or different network operating them.

Once the update is customised by Sony it would then be passed on to your service provider to make any required adjustments for their network.

Please be aware that if your handset has originated outside your region this can also cause a delay in the release.

Once the software is ready to be downloaded on your unit, you will receive a notification on your phone advising of the option to update.

For further information regarding the approval process please see here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 1775 of 3,017
Message 1775 of 3,017

Thank you for your quick reply. I hope to see an update as soon as possible . When it taking so long for my region , so hopefully they will be debugging, and Stamina mode has been added to the first version lacked .

Thanks again for your reply.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1776 of 3,017
Message 1776 of 3,017

@wallysz

No Problem Slightly smiling Face I wish I could give you a more definite answer but this is something that's hard to confirm. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 1777 of 3,017
Message 1777 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

For xperia z1??
Commissioner
Message 1778 of 3,017
Message 1778 of 3,017

Z1 is a end of life device meaning no more UPDATES EVER
Rookie
Message 1779 of 3,017
Message 1779 of 3,017

Can anyone confirm why I can't get the marshmallow update for my M4 aqua as yet when it's already out. Cheers
Visitor
Message 1780 of 3,017
Message 1780 of 3,017

Sony Xperia z3 dual d6633 last update

Is 23.5. A.0.570 is the last update for Sony Xperia z3 dual d6633 ??