account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Emperor
Message 1631 of 3,019
Message 1631 of 3,019

Re: Sony xperia c5 for new update.. Share to me sony community thx reply please

@Redskate

could you elaborate?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 1632 of 3,019
Message 1632 of 3,019

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@minhpus

Enjoy your new device. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 1633 of 3,019
Message 1633 of 3,019

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@Alvyibnferoz you are not quite right, the fact that on some specific devices it just works doesn't mean that it's still Sony's fault (or other OEMs). Google prepare the base, OEMs then have to put their hands to do some adjustments and may be or not be related to hardware configuration, Sony's case is mostly about hardware as the android experience is almost vanilla.

The issue that are being reported are typical not only of Sony devices but also of other OEMs that had to release software updates to fix what google provided. Do you want to blame Sony? Blame Sony about the fact that they are going to release 6.0 to many midrange Devices. That yes is super buggy but once again, it's buggy from the "origin" aka Google but Sony choice to do so.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
One time poster
Message 1634 of 3,019
Message 1634 of 3,019

This is ridiculous... Still waiting for 6.0... Sony... U are losing customers and u are doing nothing about it
Message 1635 of 3,019
Message 1635 of 3,019

What's your phone?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 1636 of 3,019
Message 1636 of 3,019

Still no Marshmallow or does my tablet even exist?

I know, I'm not the only one still waiting for Marshmallow on his device, but this case is a little curious. Since I've gotten impatient waiting for Android 6.0.1 on my Xperia Z2 Tablet (SGP512) while my Z3 Compact has been running Marshmallow for about a month and a half now, I started looking into it. Both the tablet itself and Xperia Companion say the device would be up do date. So far so good, but when I entered the device's IMEI on Sony's website, it told me there was no information about the update date for my particular device yet, while Marshmallow must have been available for the whole Z2 series since mid of May in my location. However, looking a little bit further into it, I learned that my tablet - while it's been printed onto the bottom of the chassis - doesn't actually has its IMEI saved inside the settings (see picture below). I've received the device from Sony itself in exchange for an defective one. Now my question is: am I just being impatient and other Z2 Tablet owners in my location (Germany) haven't received Marshmallow on their devices, either or is there no update available for mine because I received one that is actually not supposed to exist anymore?

Z2_Tablet_IMEI.jpg

Message 1637 of 3,019
Message 1637 of 3,019

WiFi tablets don't have an IMEI as they don't have a cellular service.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1638 of 3,019
Message 1638 of 3,019

Too bad that ZL/ZQ will not be updated. Slightly frowning Face

Adept
Message 1639 of 3,019
Message 1639 of 3,019

So, I'm just being impatient... Anyways, thank you for your answer. ^^

One time poster
Message 1640 of 3,019
Message 1640 of 3,019

Marshmallow Release M4 Aqua

I love my Sony M4 Aqua but Ive had to limit my apps and delete some I use regularly just to have the required 500mbs to get the Marshmallow update notification. Most of the 8gb seems to be taken up with a couple of 'must have' apps and factory installed apps I don't need. PLEASE can you either make it possible for more apps to be stored on my external SD card or get rid of the rubbish that I don't need. I will have no choice but to upgrade my phone to one plus three if I can't have all my apps on this phone. Its such a shame it only came with only 8gb when 16gb would have been sensible.

Please can you sort this out as I have lots of unused space on my SD card but no facility to force a transfer in some cases.