account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Adviser
Message 1611 of 3,018
Message 1611 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I upgraded my Xperia Z3 about 2 weeks ago from Lollipop to Marshmallow. Love everything about it. The only downfall is loosing Stamina mode, which I used all the time. I have to charge it either nightly or on the next day midday. However I must say that my phone runs way better and it fixed a calendar issue that I had from an update on Lollipop that Sony couldn't resolve.

For those asking if they should update, I would say yes. Just remember you will lose Stamina mode.
Inhabitant
Message 1612 of 3,018
Message 1612 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

😴😴😴😴😴thats all sony is doing
One time poster
Message 1613 of 3,018
Message 1613 of 3,018

I didn't recive update for 6.0 yet

Hi,i didn't recive update for my sony xperia z3 yet,all my friends recive it,can someone help me
One time poster
Message 1614 of 3,018
Message 1614 of 3,018

Still no Marschmallow for Z2

Hi all,

My appologied beforehand, this is my first post and I'll hopefullt have not left out critical information.

Seeing all the news items from over a year ago I feel left out not being able to use the new Marchmallow foirmware.

I sitll have not recieved the update for android 6.0

The android version is still stuck at 5.1.1.

If I try to look up newer soft(firm-?) ware its says it already has the most recent one. the same goes for the experia app for Windows.

I also tried a softwarerepair (a factory reset?) using the experia windows application.

Is there any other option to 'force' the update? - I rather not take the "rooting" option, but I fear that will be the only way-

Thanks in advance! and kind regards,

Arend

One time poster
Message 1615 of 3,018
Message 1615 of 3,018

android update to marshmallow

hi...i am using xperia Z3, i am updating android version from lollipop to marshmallow but i can't.... please guide me in this issue

thanks

Emperor
Message 1616 of 3,018
Message 1616 of 3,018

Re: android update to marshmallow

@Ubi293

If the update it's not available in your country/region then you will have to either wait or manually update your device with flashtool or Xperifirm; with that said, if your phone is or was locked to a carrier / network branded, then you will have to wait for them to approve and release the update.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1617 of 3,018
Message 1617 of 3,018

Did anyone of from M4aqua user got marshmallow update?

One time poster
Message 1618 of 3,018
Message 1618 of 3,018

So very slow sony...

Android 6 to sony mobiles is coming to slow....whit your experience and money you move to slow for a f...ing update..why sony why? Is that so hard? Ask google if they want to work for your updates...i m so desapointed... You need a century to come whit an update? You whant to be on top....but not in this way.....stay home.... And build tv, audios, what do you do best....
One time poster
Message 1619 of 3,018
Message 1619 of 3,018

When I expect Marshmallow for my phone

Hello

I got many times that Z3 has new android version, but I still waititng for update. Do you know when I expect update my phone to the latest version (Marshmallow )?

No brand phone.

Current version: 23.4.A.1.264

Thank you in advance for answear

Marcin

Genius
Message 1620 of 3,018
Message 1620 of 3,018

This is a crowdsourced and powered by customers, especially this thread is not managed not even monitored by Sony. I can understand the frustration but venting here is not beneficial and won't speed up the release process.

The update will happen when it will be ready and at the moment is not exactly ready. Read this forum you will find complaints of lot of users about how not stable or reliable is the update at this moment.

I am willing to wait more because as long as my phone works I don't need an upgrade so, sorry, but you should do the same. If your phone works correctly you don't need an updated os.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!