account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Rookie
Message 1601 of 3,004
Message 1601 of 3,004

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

As observed, sony has a very poor after sales service!!! Even this android M update which has been promised as early as last year..nothing is coming dude!!! Dnt waste ur time wd sony!!!
Message 1602 of 3,004
Message 1602 of 3,004

Update for Xperia z3

I am using Xperia z3.As told by the company my mobile should have android version 6.0 for now but I am still stuck in kitkat version.As told internal storage is free more than 15gb.But no update is shown for my phone.i have tried using pc companion also. Please I you could help me I would be greatfull. Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1603 of 3,004
Message 1603 of 3,004

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Message 1604 of 3,004
Message 1604 of 3,004

Re: Xperia Z3 Dual, slow down after upgrade to marshmallow

It's almost 2 months since roll out for Xperia Z3 Dual started ... and my phone still has not gotten it. Do you know what's may be the issue? My phone is not from any carrier, its the international unlocked version.

Regular
Message 1605 of 3,004
Message 1605 of 3,004

Re: Xperia Z3 Dual, slow down after upgrade to marshmallow

Sony, seriously!

http://www.sonymobile.com/in/xperia/android-xperia/

I have been waiting for Android 6 on my M4 Aqua, and today I read that only the dual version will be upgraded. Consider yourself a customer lost. The software upgrade was one of the major decision points for choosing my phone. And except that you leave people in the dark for a long time, you "just" exclude a lot of them. That is NOT acceptable for me. This is the last Sony I bought and I will not be promoting Sony to friends and family any more. Of course: Sony does not care about one measery customer......

Unkind regards,

One unhappy customer,

Kelly

Genius
Message 1606 of 3,004
Message 1606 of 3,004

I am pretty prone to think that link is talking about Indian market that usually prefer the dual version, however I am sure that non dual version will get MM too.

http://www.sonymobile.com/us/xperia/android-xperia/

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Commissioner
Message 1607 of 3,004
Message 1607 of 3,004

So sad that Marshmallow is still not available!

Was very happy when Sony announced that this phone is going to get marshmallow, but it have been a really really long wait!

Visitor
Message 1608 of 3,004
Message 1608 of 3,004

Question for Bell Users

I see there's an update available for my phone.  Last time this happened it destroyed my phone and I had to do a full reset. 

I am on the Bell network.

Am I safe to upgrade?

Learner
Message 1609 of 3,004
Message 1609 of 3,004

Marshmallow on SGP520

Hi!

Someone could help me to update my Xperia Z2 Tablet SGP520 (Wi-Fi model)?.

I know that Android M rolled out fot this device but I can't find the update in there, even if I use Xperia Companion.

Thanks for Your replies!

Visitor
Message 1610 of 3,004
Message 1610 of 3,004

What is in the latest update to 6.0.1?

Does anyone know what is in the current update?

I just chatted with Sony support - they don't know...