account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

One time poster
Message 1421 of 3,019
Message 1421 of 3,019

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

when you update my z3 compact tablet to android 6.1 , this is normal? . i'm from Argentina ... my tablet is  free of any operator . 

Rookie
Message 1422 of 3,019
Message 1422 of 3,019

Where and how to upgrade sony C5 ultra smartphone to android 6.0 marshmallow ???

Where and how to upgrade sony C5 ultra smartphone to android 6.0 marshmallow ???
Emperor
Message 1423 of 3,019
Message 1423 of 3,019

Re: Where and how to upgrade sony C5 ultra smartphone to android 6.0 marshmallow ???

@Kitty1

Whenever it's approved and released in your country/region and/or by your carrier network

@Kitty1 wrote:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1424 of 3,019
Message 1424 of 3,019

No Marshmallow update for Xperia Z3 Compact yet. Xperia Companion finds it, but it doesn't install?

Hi, I have a question. Two of my friends have received an Android 6 update on their Z3 compact, already 3-4 weeks ago. I have not received my update yet.

When I connect my phone to my computer and start the Xperia Companion it says that there is an update available, but when I say that I want to download it, Xperia Companion says after a few seconds that my phone is up to date and it doesn't find the update anymore. This happens everytime I connect my phone. On my phone itself, I don't find the update.

Is there something I can try to get the update to install or is the rollout of Android 6 still going on, meaning that I just have to wait until I get it, and that this is just a bug in Xperia Companion? Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

It have a Z3 Compact D5803, which was sold separately, so simlock free, and unrelated to any carrier.

Learner
Message 1425 of 3,019
Message 1425 of 3,019

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Hello, friends I am from Algeria I have Z2 D6503 5.1.1, please when I get the latest update marshmallows ?
Message 1426 of 3,019
Message 1426 of 3,019

See the post literally just before yours by @uliwooly

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 1427 of 3,019
Message 1427 of 3,019

You agree with yourself?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Adviser
Message 1428 of 3,019
Message 1428 of 3,019

Re: Who releases firmware updates for unbranded handsets?

Totally agree. 

Bought my Z2 tablet directly from sony, No carrier involved. 

In september last year sony announced Android 6. 

Now 9 (Nine) month later no update yet. 

Message 1429 of 3,019
Message 1429 of 3,019

Its rolling now, just wait for your region

Adviser
Message 1430 of 3,019
Message 1430 of 3,019

Re: Who releases firmware updates for unbranded handsets?

Thats what Sony says about the Z2 Tablet: 

Android-version: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)

Latest available software: 

23.5.A.0.575 

So it's AVAILABLE but when can I download it ?? 

Wonder if there is a special bashing by sony for customers who bought their devices directly from sony....