account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Emperor
Message 1321 of 3,017
Message 1321 of 3,017

Re: Z3v marshmallow?

@racer0018

That will be up to big red (Verizon) to approve and release the update, and since you have the Z3V, you can't flash the Z3's firmware. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 1322 of 3,017
Message 1322 of 3,017

Re: Firmware updates or the lack thereof

@Iwantmorebattery

I understand your frustration, but there's a process and Sony has improved a lot, and it's delivering better updates than other OEMs, of course Nexus devices will receive the latest updates first. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 1323 of 3,017
Message 1323 of 3,017

Re: Yet to receive Marshmellow Update

@reddevilO7

That's UK customization, and it's still on Lollipop so nothing wrong with your PC Companion. Keep checking periodically.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 1324 of 3,017
Message 1324 of 3,017

Re: Z3v marshmallow?

Sorry this was not regarding a Z3v, I placed it in the wrong section.

My question regards the Xperia Z2 tablet.

Adviser
Message 1325 of 3,017
Message 1325 of 3,017

Re: Yet to receive Marshmellow Update

Thanks for your reply.

Wonder how to deal with this -

"You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info"

My tablet is used only with WiFi - currently no SIM card.

One time poster
Message 1326 of 3,017
Message 1326 of 3,017

M4 Aqua marshmallow update?

When is it going to be released?

Emperor
Message 1327 of 3,017
Message 1327 of 3,017

Re: M4 Aqua marshmallow update?

@cata78

No one can answer that question

@cata78 wrote:

When is it going to be released?

One time poster
Message 1328 of 3,017
Message 1328 of 3,017

Marshmallow

Hey does anyone know when marshmallow will be available in Australia?
Message 1329 of 3,017
Message 1329 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@huggons wrote:

The frustrating thing for myself, is that owning a generic and unbranded Z3 UK handset, I would like to think should be first in line for the UK update, as no carrier involvement would be required. This UK 6.0 updated started rolling 26/04/2016 and I am yet to receive it almost 4 weeks later. I however have friends that have received the update weeks ago and they are on UK branded carrier handsets.  It seems odd to me that Sony can not provide the update to their own unbranded/untouched handsets in a more timely way.

Steve

Steve,

One thing I have learned since I joined this forum is that, for reasons I don't understand, Sony rolls out generic UK firmware updates only once all 4 UK operators have approved the firmware. This means that the people who have given Sony more money (operators buying in bulk pay much less) are actually those who receive the worst service from Sony.

I don't know if this is due to legal/regulatory constraints (Sony never explains anything to its customers) but it is really hard to understand why they apply the same approach to UK wi-fi only tablets. It is obvious that mobile phone network operators have no role in approving wi-fi devices but still Sony deploys UK firmware updates for tablets weeks and weeks after other markets.

Sony, being the most opaque company in the world in its interaction with customers, has never considered its UK customers worth of an answer on these matters.

Hence my nickname in this forum.

One time poster
Message 1330 of 3,017
Message 1330 of 3,017

Sony Z3 Update to Android 6.0

Hi

According the Website I should be able to upgrade to Android 6.0. But when I check for software updates I says im on the same latest version already, but Im on 5.1.x

Please can you help, I spoke to Vodacom, but they have no idea...