account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Visitor
Message 1241 of 3,017
Message 1241 of 3,017

Xperia z3 compact won't show OTA Update

I just bought a xperia z3 compact(D5803) that is running Android 5.1.1 and would like to update to the Marshmallow, but the update is not displayed in the software updates page of the settings menu. I would normally just flash it to my phone but I don't have access to a computer currently.
I've gone through and updated all of my apps(including Sony preistalled apps) to make sure that hasn't hanging it up.
I've also tried to erase the cache and data from the Google services framework process to force it to update, but it had no effect.
Factory reset two times.

From what I can gather the update was available OTA months ago and I can't find any similar cases of people having issues downloading it.
Visitor
Message 1242 of 3,017
Message 1242 of 3,017

Re: Xperia z3 compact won't show OTA Update

UPDATE: Just spoke with Chris with Sony tech support and he says that the update is not available for the D5803, but the internet says otherwise. It wouldn't be the first time a flood of misinformation about Android updates has happened, but can anyone confirm that is the case? I should also note that I am in the US
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1243 of 3,017
Message 1243 of 3,017

Re: Xperia z3 compact won't show OTA Update

@Desert-Joe wrote:
UPDATE: Just spoke with Chris with Sony tech support and he says that the update is not available for the D5803, but the internet says otherwise. It wouldn't be the first time a flood of misinformation about Android updates has happened, but can anyone confirm that is the case? I should also note that I am in the US

I'm having the same issue; I bought my Z3 Compact from Amazon, and am in the US; Sony tech support told me that my IMEI corresponds to a phone made in or for the Irish market.  No updates available yet OTA (wifi or cellular), with PC Companion or Xperia Companion.  No joy.

- Tim

Genius
Message 1244 of 3,017
Message 1244 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

The M feature to merge internal and external into a big partiton sounds like a big deal but in reality it's an open door to lots of troubles, using SD cards as main storage may render the device super slow unless you buy a pricey one and also SD cards are not meant to be used as main storage as they can break easily.

If the idea is to install maps, maps can go directly in the SD card without the need of marshmallow.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Message 1245 of 3,017
Message 1245 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Plus, you break the phone....your card is useless until reformatted

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 1246 of 3,017
Message 1246 of 3,017

32.1.A.1.185-R3C Firmware ?

Hello. When the 32.1.A.1.185-R3C firmware will be aviable for french custom please ?
Emperor
Message 1247 of 3,017
Message 1247 of 3,017

Re: 32.1.A.1.185-R3C Firmware ?

@eddymjj

No one knows

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 1248 of 3,017
Message 1248 of 3,017

Android 6 update

Hi

Please let us know when we can update to android 6 in IRAN?

Thanks

Apprentice
Message 1249 of 3,017
Message 1249 of 3,017

I dont see any update notification in my screen,how can i know where my imei code belong?
Learner
Message 1250 of 3,017
Message 1250 of 3,017

Marshmallow update

Im using xperia z3 (D6653)
My phone is still on LOLLIPOP....no Marshmallow update yet....No update via OTA not even in my PC COMPANION...
What is this SONY....Everytime i check ur website it says new update available for xperia z3...But no updates in my Phone.............