account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

One time poster
Message 1221 of 3,018
Message 1221 of 3,018

Xperia z3 system upgrade to 6.0.1

I have Xperia Z3 and i dont get upgrade to Android 6.0.1 can someone tell what is wrong with my phone?

Message 1222 of 3,018
Message 1222 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Nothing,

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 1223 of 3,018
Message 1223 of 3,018

Marshmallow Android 6

I am in Kenya. My pals with sony Z2 have received the new Android 6 mashmalow. But i have not yet received it. My phone keeps saying it is up to datealthough I have an active wifi connection . I would also like to upgrade but also still maintain the Ultra stamina mode. Please help out.
Emperor
Message 1224 of 3,018
Message 1224 of 3,018

Re: Marshmallow Android 6

@Sawyer

You have 2 options, either wait for the update to be approved and released in your country, if you bought the phone from a different market, you will have to wait for the udpate to be approved and released in that market. Second option, manually update the phone with either flashtool or xperifirm

As for Stamina mode it's not part of the update, you will have to use doze. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 1225 of 3,018
Message 1225 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Not sure why everyone get mad at @uliwooly, this is an user based forum and uliwooly is not a Sony employee and he can't just use a magic wand to release a software upgrade that it's yet to be finalized or approved by Sony and carriers.

Waiting can be frustrating but definitely there is nothing much to do but waiting or flashing a different firmware.

Not sure why all this rush. Once I asked in this very forum and in other's: is your phone unusable because of lollipop? There is a solution for it. Is your phone working correctly? Cool! You don't actually need Marshmallow!

Sure an updated os is better but not that big deal to start flooding forums with posts full of anger!

Again, patience is the best virtue, no one really need Marshmallow, it will arrive, soon.

.. But then I don't want to read the usual usernames complaining because they want to roll back to lollipop Winking Face

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Inhabitant
Message 1226 of 3,018
Message 1226 of 3,018

@YoGem wrote:

Not sure why all this rush. Once I asked in this very forum and in other's: is your phone unusable because of lollipop? There is a solution for it. Is your phone working correctly? Cool! You don't actually need Marshmallow!

.. But then I don't want to read the usual usernames complaining because they want to roll back to lollipop Winking Face

Well, I actually *do* need the update; I'm going on a 3-week bicycle tour in the UK soon, and I need to be able to use the Marshmallow feature of turning the SD Card space into a single, contiguous memory space with the main memory to hold all the maps and such I'll need for the trip.  I can do other things (depends on a live connection, use paper maps), but loading maps onto the phone is much easier.  I've already removed a LARGE number of the apps I use every day, and I still only have 20% of available memory left.  The apps that are burned into the Sony ROM (as well as Android OS itself) seems to take up an awful lot of space; if only they had made a 32gb Z3 Compact, oh well.

I *do* own a Nexus 5, which has 32gb, and I could use that, but its battery life  "creates a vacuum with its mouth" (forum bleeped out what I originally posted - funny that that word is banned here) compared to the Z3 Compact, which is why I was hoping to use this phone on the trip.

I will NEVER complain about a release after I've complained so much about wanting to get it, I can guarantee you that. :-)

Emperor
Message 1227 of 3,018
Message 1227 of 3,018

@tbessie

I think you should have read more about Sony's, htc's, Samsung's update as they don't support this feature to use the SD card as internal storage.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 1228 of 3,018
Message 1228 of 3,018

In Sony's Concept Marshmallow it is this feature and can move applications to the card!!

@YoGem

It is one of the reasons why I want this update soon, second the security update(april, may, whatever)

Nobody is angry with @uliwooly. He even tries to help!!! I wonder what they doing those from Sony...?

And as a suggestion: via PC Companion can be done with a software update generic, unbranded.

Emperor
Message 1229 of 3,018
Message 1229 of 3,018

@giobel

In Sony concept it is present but not on the regular update.

I do try to help as much as possible Grinning Face some users see it some others don't but I'll do my best 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1230 of 3,018
Message 1230 of 3,018

@uliwooly wrote:
@tbessie

I think you should have read more about Sony's, htc's, Samsung's update as they don't support this feature to use the SD card as internal storage.

@uliwooly

I had *heard* that that wasn't in the initial release, but there were rumors that it would, eventually, be supported.  Have you heard anything one way or another about future updates?

- Tim