account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Emperor
Message 1201 of 3,020
Message 1201 of 3,020

Re: Z3 Compact (D5803) won't update to Marshmallow; PC Companion says it is up to date, but it's not

@tbessie

Don't create duplicate posts, you can check your other posts by checking your profile

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/197383

If you bought your phone overseas or if you or someone else flashed your phone, the update on your phone will be based on that firmware not where you live.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 1202 of 3,020
Message 1202 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Sony is ahead of most manufacturers. Fact.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 1203 of 3,020
Message 1203 of 3,020

Re: Sony Xperia Aqua Dual : Marshmallow Upgrade Quarry

@Yami_Mohit

Re-install marshmallow with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 1204 of 3,020
Message 1204 of 3,020

Re: Gave up hoping marshmallow would Come soon to My c5 ultra

@Prince79

I understand your frustration and your how eager you are to get Marshmallow but don't spread rumors, I hope your next phone it's a Sony, keep in mind that flagships get the update first and then the rest of the phones. 

Emperor
Message 1205 of 3,020
Message 1205 of 3,020

Re: Z3 D6603 still can't get marshmallow

@giobel

This is a user based forum, you can contact Sony directly >>> Local support 

I don't quite understand what do you mean by this:

@giobel wrote:

@uliwooly

I do not want some stereotype answers!

You can read about the update process here

http://developer.sonymobile.com/2013/07/25/explaining-the-software-upgrade-process-and-its-improveme...

it was posted by Sony

Emperor
Message 1206 of 3,020
Message 1206 of 3,020

Re: When Xperia M4 Aqua meet Marshmallow?

@Fokus

To be able to update your apps you need about 400-500MB of free internal storage, even if you update to Marshmallow, you won't be able to use the SD card as internal storage. 

Inhabitant
Message 1207 of 3,020
Message 1207 of 3,020

Re: Z3 Compact (D5803) won't update to Marshmallow; PC Companion says it is up to date, but it's not

@uliwooly wrote:

@tbessie

Don't create duplicate posts, you can check your other posts by checking your profile

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/197383

If you bought your phone overseas or if you or someone else flashed your phone, the update on your phone will be based on that firmware not where you live.

As mentioned in PM, I deleted that post and reposted with additional info for the mods (you, et. al.).  Looks like you replied here before you noticed I had deleted it.

I bought the phone here in the US, from Amazon (directly from them, not through a Marketplace seller), so it should be legit.  It was only after calling Sony Support and supplying the IMEI did they say it appeared to have been for the Irish market (or made there, I wasn't quite sure about the distinction).

- Tim

Emperor
Message 1208 of 3,020
Message 1208 of 3,020

@tbessie

Which means that you have to contact Amazon regarding this, as you don't have the US version of this phone, which makes sense that you haven't received the update if it hasn't been released in it's original region

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1209 of 3,020
Message 1209 of 3,020

@uliwooly wrote:

@tbessie

Which means that you have to contact Amazon regarding this, as you don't have the US version of this phone, which makes sense that you haven't received the update if it hasn't been released in it's original region

@uliwooly

Does that mean it will NEVER be updated here?  Or that it will be updated whenever the Irish version of the update happens?

The last time I bought a Z3 Compact (which was stolen a year ago, thus I bought this newer one), I bought it from a major UK online retailer and had it shipped here, and never saw a delay in Android updates with that.

Also, Amazon won't have anything to say on the matter; they're a retailer, not a carrier.  It's Sony that should be supplying me information on when this phone will update, or why it has not.  It is unlocked and not dependent on carrier.

- Tim

Enthusiast
Message 1210 of 3,020
Message 1210 of 3,020

Re: Z3 D6603 still can't get marshmallow

@uliwooly

1. apparently, the update is not ready.

2. From local support I have only this: "The Marshmallow rollout has begun for Xperia Z5 series, Z4 Tablet & Z3+. Software upgrades are a phased process, so availability will vary by market and/or carrier – please check in with your local operators for the latest information and timings. We’re making the Android 6.0; Marshmallow upgrade available to the majority of our premium Z Series line and select mid-range devices - so it’s taken a little longer than if we had only focused on certain models. The key factor in any upgrade is, and will remain, the quality of the user experience. If we choose to take a little longer over a given release, then this is in order to provide customers with software that matches our exacting standards. We will communicate specific timings for other models when we’re confident of our ability to deliver against the deadlines we set ourselves. http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperia/android-xperia/",

"Regarding your requirement, please note your Sony Xperia Z3 compact will update the version of Android 6.0, but we do not have precise information on when it will start updating the Marshmallow model."

and other like that !! Nothing concret!

3.From what is written in the link, I understand that Sony has access to the Android source AOSP project and that can make much faster the update... can be seen how many customers are dissatisfied!