account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Learner
Message 1071 of 3,017
Message 1071 of 3,017

Marshmallow update

What's the story with the update to 6.0
Message 1072 of 3,017
Message 1072 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Once upon a time
Some phones were updated, others had to wait a while.
The end.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 1073 of 3,017
Message 1073 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I have a same problem ???
Emperor
Message 1074 of 3,017
Message 1074 of 3,017

@mwinarto

What problem?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 1075 of 3,017
Message 1075 of 3,017

In the morning i get update notification of my Xperia Z3 Compact for android marshmallow, the size of update just more than 40 mb, so i'm update and after reboot my phone say cannot update, after that i'm checked my android version still in lollipop and i'm try to check for update again my phone say i'm is up to date.
What's happen with the marshmallow update ?
I think the update of android marshmallow is rollback...
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1076 of 3,017
Message 1076 of 3,017

@viridis wrote:
Once upon a time
Some phones were updated, others had to wait a while.
The end.

It's not like there are no reasons for this.  There ARE reasons, and Sony (and other providers) should be more transparent.

- Tim

Inhabitant
Message 1077 of 3,017
Message 1077 of 3,017

@Aress wrote:
Hi i have an z3 with lollipop 5.1.1 . On official website of sony (my country) appears that the latest update is the marshmallow 6.0 . When i check for updates (with phone or with PPC) it says "your device has the latest update". Thanks

What country is that? I'm in the USA, and no update for me on my Z3 Compact, despite Sony saying the latest version is 6.

- Tim

Inhabitant
Message 1078 of 3,017
Message 1078 of 3,017

hi

despiting showing latest software in sony's web site , we are unable to update or downlaod of Marshmallow 6 in our devices.

Why sony is very slow now a days, last time i updated lollipop 5 even before their web updated.

Wakeup sony and delver the goods on priority otherwise customers trust is getting deffent way.

One time poster
Message 1079 of 3,017
Message 1079 of 3,017

IMEI Number wrong, no MM

Dear all,

for some reason i don't get the mm update for my Z5 C, for my Z3 C i got.

also my IMEI can't be registered by Sony, it says wrong IMEI, Z3 is ok,

got both from HK, live in China...

thanks for any help to fix the problem ..

regards

martin

Learner
Message 1080 of 3,017
Message 1080 of 3,017

Re: IMEI Number wrong, no MM

Also have the same problem.