account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Inhabitant
Message 1061 of 3,018
Message 1061 of 3,018

Stll no update for Xperia Z2 - Marshmallow

Still there is no news of Marshmallow update for Xperia Z2 in Mide East region and Saudi Arabia even after its Rollout 3 weeks ago. Does any one have information about this.
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 1062 of 3,018
Message 1062 of 3,018

Re: Stll no update for Xperia Z2 - Marshmallow

No one knows
Emperor
Message 1063 of 3,018
Message 1063 of 3,018

Re: Stll no update for Xperia Z2 - Marshmallow

@kkinksa

You have asked the same question 2 weeks ago, and the same answer will apply. 

@kkinksa wrote:
Still there is no news of Marshmallow update for Xperia Z2 in Mide East region and Saudi Arabia even after its Rollout 3 weeks ago. Does any one have information about this.

2 weeks ago

@kkinksa wrote:
Yesterday it was announced that Sony has started to Rollout Marshmallow on most of its models. But in that list D6503 was mentioned but nof indicated when its expected to have update. Does anyone kmow when there will be update available for Marshmallow in Middle East

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 1064 of 3,018
Message 1064 of 3,018

Marshmallow 6.0.1 Update not showing up for D6503

I have Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503). I got it from Singapore. I have checked many times for software update of Marshmallow for the Model I use through mobile's own software update centre, Sony PC companion and Xperia Companion, but nothing is showing up. Also I have seen that software update for the model is already available. 

How can I update my phone's software officially? Need help.

Thanks!

Forum Legend
Message 1065 of 3,018
Message 1065 of 3,018

Re: Marshmallow 6.0.1 Update not showing up for D6503

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-6-When-are-we-getting-Marshmallow-Which-Xperi...

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Inhabitant
Message 1066 of 3,018
Message 1066 of 3,018

Z3 Compact (D5803) won't update to Marshmallow; PC Companion says it is up to date, but it's not

Hi all...

Throughout the last few weeks, as Marshmallow updates have been coming through, I've been wondering when my Z3 Compact was going to get updated.

Today, I see Sony has officially said on the Z3 Compact support page that the official firmware version is Marshmallow.

However, "Software update" on the phone still says it's up-to-date, and PC Companion still says it's up-to-date.  When I click on the link PC Companion provides to me, it takes me to a page saying that Marshmallow (6.0) is the latest firmware version, but my phone's still running 5.1.1.

Anyone know why the phone and PC Companion are saying it's up-to-date, when it's not?

This is a US-bought Z3 Compact (I bought it new), and I'm in the US.  Plenty of Z3 Compact owners in the USA using AT&T (who didn't buy it through AT&T, since they don't sell it) have reported receiving the update, but not me.

- Tim

Forum Legend
Message 1067 of 3,018
Message 1067 of 3,018

Re: Z3 Compact (D5803) won't update to Marshmallow; PC Companion says it is up to date, but it's not

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-6-When-are-we-getting-Marshmallow-Which-Xperi...

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Apprentice
Message 1068 of 3,018
Message 1068 of 3,018

Question about Z3+

Hello Again,

in the xperia-blog i miss a word about the Z3+  ??

Should an update be available for the Z3+  ??

Hopefully stamia returned in this version ?

Regards

Tomscher

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1069 of 3,018
Message 1069 of 3,018

Re: Z3 Compact (D5803) won't update to Marshmallow; PC Companion says it is up to date, but it's not

@nolramlb wrote:

That doesn't tell me anything; I am in a market (USA) with a device (D5803) that has been updated with Marshmallow - various sites (notably Xperia Blog) reports most users of this model in the USA have received the update.  The Sony support site for this model shows that Marshmallow is the current version.

However, I have not - why might that be? Are they limiting it to certain blocks of IMEI's? If so, they ought to tell us what blocks ours is in, and when the rollouts for those blocks are scheduled.  Updating just about all USA D5803's 2-3 weeks ago, but not mine, is a non-starter.

- Tim

One time poster
Message 1070 of 3,018
Message 1070 of 3,018

Hi there, i´m using a non branded Xperia Z3compact in Germany. PC Companion still says, Latest Version" but i have still Android 5.1 Lollipop. On the Sony Xperia Care Site they already announce Android 6.0 Marshmallow for my Smartphone. Why takes so long to receive?