account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Learner
Message 861 of 3,019
Message 861 of 3,019

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Please provide Android Marshmallow Update For Xperia Z2
Commissioner
Message 862 of 3,019
Message 862 of 3,019

Is Android Marshmallow worth the update?

Hey everyone, my Xperia Z3 (D6603) is about to receive the Android M update. I'm wondering if it's worth it. If anyone has it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks!!!
Message 863 of 3,019
Message 863 of 3,019

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

It will come to your region in time,

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 864 of 3,019
Message 864 of 3,019

This soon is not so soon ... I have not seen so mess !! 23.5.A.0.570 it is Beta, but is officially launched on some markets Dizzy Face

<<Sony has come up with a response a short while ago in a statement confirming Xperia Beta will be there at least until the mid-year and that it has planned multiple beta releases as well.>>

Read this: http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/04/11/xperia-beta-marshmallow-program-to-continue-until-summer/#more-...

Genius
Message 865 of 3,019
Message 865 of 3,019

Re: Is Android Marshmallow worth the update?

In my honest opinion,its better if you could wait for the next bug fix update.

Currently i'm using Xperia Z2 so performance might differs . So far from Xperia Blog responses,most of the users are satisfied with the new UI of camera and its images taken.

However,in my Z2 i did experience a little hiccups or 1-2 seconds lag when tapping the recent apps button. But that is pretty much it. These hiccups were also noticed by some Xperia Z3/Z3C users but not all of them face it. For battery life,i havent tested it yet but so far its pretty good for average use.

One of the best features that i could highlight(based on my Z2):
1)A far more user friendly UI and better Support app on onboard
2)Double tap home screen to sleep(double tap to wake is still there,so it makes a great combo)
3)Hassle free Battery Optimisation(Doze™ by Google)

Again,its up to you to update it now or later. With all the excitement about the new Android M landing on Xperia Z2/Z3/Z3C , some people might see it differently.

Hoped that helps.

AlwaysHereToHelp #ThankYouKobe24
Apprentice
Message 866 of 3,019
Message 866 of 3,019

Re: Phone is slow after Android 6 update

Z3 D6653.Still did'n receive M...
One time poster
Message 867 of 3,019
Message 867 of 3,019

We will get Android 6.0 Marshmallow in our t mobile z3 d6616?
Emperor
Message 868 of 3,019
Message 868 of 3,019

@Pablocs

That will be up to T-mobile to release the update. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 869 of 3,019
Message 869 of 3,019

this is getting ridiculous...no updates for Singapore Z5 Premium??? They updated the Dual version, but did Sony forget there is a non-dual model that still needs updating?

I am rapidly losing confidence in Sony Mobile

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 870 of 3,019
Message 870 of 3,019

why cant update android?

I cant update my m4 aqua os from android L to android M. Is there some ways to update it except from the settings?